I have been looking for areas near me to fly and you are correct, not that many ideal places. I have currently been flying on some vacant land nearby. It is commercial real estate and is quickly being developed into retail. I know I will be forced to find another place soon. I plan to visit some local parks around Buford to see if any of them have some open fields. I will certainly let you know and yes, we should get together sometime.
One thing about the wind that I am finding out is that the wind here fluctuates too much to be able to stake out the kites. They need constant attention with subtle adjustments to keep them up. Maybe I need to fly a little higher to pick up better wind. I would love to put several kites up at once but so far that has not been possible. I do feel confident that the ideal wind day will come during the seasonal changes in the weather.
I did fly the 12' Delta for the first time a couple of weeks ago when hurricane Matthew was marching up the east coast. The weather here was great and the wind was between 12 to 20 mph with occasional gust to around 25 mph. That was an experience, especially during those gust. That kite had some serious pull! Now that I know what to expect, I will be more relaxed the next time I fly it. For the 30 minutes that I had it up, it was getting a lot of attention from folks in the nearby shopping center. I had two transition tails and the 30' Gomberg bubble tail on the kite and it was beautiful!!
Next on my list is the Manta so that I can still fly on those days with little wind. It's funny, I used to watch the weather forecast for sun/rain and temp. Now, I focus more on the wind forecast