By now I bet you can do them blindfolded...
Certainly not blindfolded, would likely sew right through a finger - ouch!
The goals of this project were to improve on a favorite kite and hone building skills.
I can build a consistently good and accurate kite now, just not a perfect
kite. When I asked long time builders about minor things that inevitably happen I got back "build more" and "the first thousand kites are the hardest"
Long way to go there...
Have been pleased with this project so far. The kite has exceeded my expectations and initial feedback from the testers has been favorable. Will be interesting to see how the kite does with the coming flying season.
Have sent out a handful of test kites (the last one now in transit), raffled one (Christmas raffle), and filled my bag for the coming season. No need to build more of these right now though I have some ideas that may look nice.
Looks like there are a couple of collaboration design/build projects coming up and much flying to do.
Thanks all for the nice comments on this thread. Special thanks to the testers, their time, feedback, videos, and pics. Seeing the kite fly outside my field has been one of the best parts.
I think this set will be a personal favorite: