GWTW Forum
October 24, 2014, 06:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aerostar Zerostar  (Read 1176 times)
Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+14)

« on: July 16, 2013, 01:43 PM »

I got a chance to pull out the Zerostar at the Westport Windriders Fest last weekend and immediately had a dilemma.  I have the original paperwork that came with this beauty, but, of course, not with me, and frankly don't know where it might be at home.  I thought one of you'all fellow owners might just be able to set me straight about this.  Do the bungie wingtip tensioners go on before the leech lines or vice versa?  I know it still flys well either way, but I'm sort of anal.   Lips sealed

Thanks,
Jim

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 02:52 PM »

I dont have my paperwork on hand but I always put the leech line on first then then the bungie tensioners and then I would add caps

Sine Metu!
lylenc
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 03:33 PM »

Found the instructions: page 2, Assembly step 3, sail bungie in nock first, leech line loop second, and plastic cap third.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 03:44 PM by lylenc » Logged

Craig     Walla Walla, WA     Just One More!
Texanpilot
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 09:26 PM »

It seems that if you attach the leech line first, attaching the bungee next would loosen up the leech line, and you'd have to re-set it anyways.

Maybe that could help you remember if you forget where you leave the book (as I'm prone to do).  Smiley

Steady winds, y'all.
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 09:28 PM »

I like to tighten the leech line after the leading edge.

Pull the leech line until the trailing edge just starts to pucker,

then let off a touch.

Then the vinyl end cap.  Smiley

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
lylenc
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 09:43 PM »

Leech line length is pre-set with loops at both ends, no length adjustment needed. Paul's recommended assembly order is bungie loop, leech loop, and end cap. Assume this is because the bungie is much tighter, thicker, and stronger, plus less stretchy than the leech line's loops - less stress and strain on the leech loop with it on top of the bungie.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 09:52 PM by lylenc » Logged

Craig     Walla Walla, WA     Just One More!
Kantaxel

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 12:49 AM »

Leech line length is pre-set with loops at both ends, no length adjustment needed. Paul's recommended assembly order is bungie loop, leech loop, and end cap. Assume this is because the bungie is much tighter, thicker, and stronger, plus less stretchy than the leech line's loops - less stress and strain on the leech loop with it on top of the bungie.

Thanks,
I now seem to remember what the field maual said when my Zero was delivered.  At first I thought it odd and then I knew that if Paul said to do it that way, then he should, of course, know. Your explanation above makes it all clear and I won't forget it next time. Oh..... Cry.....the severity of my dementia is increasing exponentially.

Jim

sugarbaker
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 08:33 AM »

Jim,
Perhaps you should write it on a little note and put it with your aerostar... its a technique I recommend with all my dementia patients.  Grin
Kantaxel

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2013, 04:18 PM »

Jim,
Perhaps you should write it on a little note and put it with your aerostar... its a technique I recommend with all my dementia patients.  Grin

Good idea Stephen! Embarrassed
Now where did I put those post-its?
 Shocked

alien
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2013, 07:24 AM »

They are where you left them,in the freezers crushed ice dispenser next to the Tramadol,Movicol, Nexium and the car keys!

Lips sealed
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 07:34 AM by alien » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change