Adding a tail to a Prism Stylus P3

Pages: (1/2) > >>

voodoo_joe:

Hi

Just bought a Gomberg Snake tail with the goal of flying it off a Tramontana.  Not sure if it will lift it or not, wind has been a bit fickle in LA lately, even at the beach.  That said my backup idea is to fly it off a Prism Stylus P3, which does not have a tail attachment.  Could i put in a grommet or would that just destroy the kite?  Is there a non or less kite-changing way to add a tail?  I really enjoy this site and have learned so much from perusing the threads.  Thanks for your insight and advice.

voodoo_joe:

Was hoping to hear from someone about this, but my original plan worked, so it's sorta moot... but I think it would still be fun to drag something behind the P3.

Still in the interim... behold the Tramonster! (going to put a baby rattle in the tail for an added sound FX).

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ca Ike:

The P3 should have a small loop sewn in the center of the trailing edge.  If not then its simple to take a 2 inch piece of gross grain and sew in a loop to attach the tail to.

voodoo_joe:

Thanks... don't know what gross grain is... I have some parachute cord that I used on the other tails, will that work?

rncembal:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grosgrain
If you can sew trough the para cord then sure. I'd put a twist in then sew flat along the trailing edge so you will end up with a loop the stays flat.
Rob

Pages: (1/2) > >>