GWTW Forum
October 20, 2014, 10:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: whats up with the Prism forum ??  (Read 4936 times)
jaharris1701
Trade Count: (0)

« on: July 22, 2013, 07:03 AM »

I own 3 Prism kites and recently broke a Ferrell ( in the middle of the wing ) on my 4D and was wanting to "apply" at the Prism forum to discuss the replacement procedure, well you need to first "apply" then I was evaluated by "Steve" after my application was evaluated,, I was "DENIED" Huh? Undecided HUH Huh? I've NEVER been denied from a public forum HuhRoll Eyes
anyways that kind of irritated me,, so,,, anyone have any experience replacing an inner wing Ferrell on a 4D ? I would assume the entire top spar needs to be slid out to the bottom of the wing as theres no other way to get it out mid wing

"I'm growing older, but not up"
Jimmy Buffet
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 07:52 AM »

Morning...
Steve here at this forum has access to all of the Prism parts and kites...so he can get anything you need from him....

The ferrule broke? is the rod still good? is it connected to the upper leading edge or the lower?

to remove the ULE you would slide the LLE rod down until the ULE rod can come out where the lowr spreader connects to the Leading Edge......you will have to loosen up the bridle loops on the ULE to do this and remove the fittings as well....not too bad of a job to do.....

Pictures always help if you can snap them...

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 07:57 AM »

this should help get your 4D leading edge out ...
http://kite-kids.blogspot.com/p/blog-page_6.html
the ferrule is glued to the upper leading edge. I have had good luck breaking that bond by dunking it into hot water.  be sure to inspect both upper and lower leading edge for additional damage.

As to the Prism Forum ...
send a short email to: prismsteve@gmail.com and I will be sure to get your registration approved

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
jaharris1701

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 08:05 AM »

thank you both for commenting,, very much appreciated guys !!
yes, the Ferrell is attached to the upper leading edge, I assumed because its attached with CA ( super glue) that the bond couldn't be broken without damaging the carbon spar, so I went and ordered both, it wasn't expensive so I figured I'd get both,, it did appear as though the bridal loops and spreaders would need to be removed and wasn't sure how difficult of a procedure that would be,, I'll be attempting the procedure when that parts arrive though, its a fun and fast flying kite  Wink thanks again for your input and I'll be sure to send an email to Steve for approval ,, thanks guys  Smiley

"I'm growing older, but not up"
Jimmy Buffet
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 08:47 PM »

you just did Steve the owner of this forum out of the kindness of his heart oversees the prism forum, in other words they are one in the same LOL

have fun kurt
etully
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 05:49 PM »

Sorry to bring this up again, but I recently tried to join and was declined. Other than owning six Prism kites, what sort of credentials does a person need to qualify?  Good Lord!  Roll Eyes
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 08:19 PM »

Just e-mail steve at the e-mail he posted and it will get taken care of.  For some reason even when your denied you are still registered over there.
Steve
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2013, 08:20 PM »

send an email to prismsteve@gmail.com and re-register
it is not about your credentials. more a matter of timing. the forum has no anti-spammer filtering and 99.5% of the registrations are would be spammers. some days there can be as many as 150 registrations and if I take a little time off, as I did this weekend, upon my return there were a ton of registration requests to deal with.
My apologies. I assure you it is nothing personal.
definitely re-register. that forum gets first notification of any excitement coming from Prism.  Not saying an announcement is eminent ... just saying you should be watching just in case.

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
Steve
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2013, 08:42 PM »

as an example ...
in th 20 minutes (or so) since I last posted there were 22 registrations ... all would be spammers

Steve ... Ancient One
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2013, 10:18 PM »

as an example ...
in th 20 minutes (or so) since I last posted there were 22 registrations ... all would be spammers
Its definitely a LOT better than it was before you took over Steve.  Having a regular forum manager makes a difference.
Captainbob

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2014, 08:14 PM »

I tried signing up for the Prism for a couple of dozen times over the last 2 weeks. Each time I get a server error and that is as far as I get. I sent an email to the forum admin, and never heard anything back. Seems as if the forum doesn't work anymore.

AKA Member
Dualies and Revs
Kitebag:
Skyburner Niknak , Freestylist UL,   Premier Widow NG,  Prism Zephyr  4D ,   HQ Symphony 1.8
Revolution SLE,  Revolution B Series mid vent.
Captainbob

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2014, 05:18 AM »

send an email to prismsteve@gmail.com and re-register
it is not about your credentials. more a matter of timing. the forum has no anti-spammer filtering and 99.5% of the registrations are would be spammers. some days there can be as many as 150 registrations and if I take a little time off, as I did this weekend, upon my return there were a ton of registration requests to deal with.
My apologies. I assure you it is nothing personal.
definitely re-register. that forum gets first notification of any excitement coming from Prism.  Not saying an announcement is eminent ... just saying you should be watching just in case.

Been trying to register for 2 weeks, with no success. Keep getting a server error. I just sent a second email today. Hopefully it will be fixed, because having a place to ask questions about Prism Kites is important. 

AKA Member
Dualies and Revs
Kitebag:
Skyburner Niknak , Freestylist UL,   Premier Widow NG,  Prism Zephyr  4D ,   HQ Symphony 1.8
Hadge

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2014, 06:03 AM »

The Prism forum has been down for months and they don't seem to be in any hurry to fix it - shame as there was some good stuff on there. If you have any Prism related questions just ask on here as most of us hang out on both forums.

Age and cunning will always overcome youth and skill!

In the bag - HQ Shadow, Prism 4D, Flying Wings Soul Mid Vent, HQ Jive (1), Spiderkites Zodarion, 'Paw' modded HQ Maestro ll, HQ Delta Hawk.
Captainbob

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2014, 12:51 PM »

The Prism forum has been down for months and they don't seem to be in any hurry to fix it - shame as there was some good stuff on there. If you have any Prism related questions just ask on here as most of us hang out on both forums.

OK, thanks. I imagine that it is costing them sales to some extent. I alone purchased two other kites, mainly due to the problems getting answers to pre-purchase questions I had on the Prism forum. 

AKA Member
Dualies and Revs
Kitebag:
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2014, 04:21 PM »

you can always call Its not like prism isnt there. they seem to prefer it that way. Any questions about anything prism can be answered here anyway I am not saying loosing another site is not going to be missed. What I am saying is it's no reason not to buy Prism

have fun kurt
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change