GWTW Forum
September 01, 2014, 10:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ever search out the most desolate spot on the beach,, only to  (Read 24852 times)
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2013, 02:10 PM »

I had a wandering idiot yesterday stroll into the area that I was flying in, go right to the center of my window, and SIT DOWN. I guess it looked like a nice quiet place to sit. Really, there was a few hundred feet of empty space on either side of me. Really makes you wonder some times...

Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2013, 11:02 PM »

It's really irritating, when another flyer sets up in your wind window. Typically its been Rev flyers. They don't seem to understand that Dual Liners have to move their feet. When a Dual Liner sets up in my window, its hard not to blow a gasket.

Jay
That doesn't bother me.  I just go up and talk to them and trade flying tales or lessons and most of the time sell them on a kite better than what they showed up with.

Lately when someone set up in my flying area I don't get irritated but play with them.  Snap stalls, slides or coin tosses over thier heads. KNocking off their hats with my rev or dive stops about 2 feet above them.  Scares em at first but gets fun, especially when they break out a soda can and I hook the tab with a paperclip on my rev and fly off with it Tongue OF course I talk to em first and get them comfortable with the idea and teach them to fly a bit too.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 11:10 PM by Ca Ike » Logged
jaharris1701
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2013, 04:26 AM »

Lately when someone set up in my flying area I don't get irritated but play with them.  Snap stalls, slides or coin tosses over thier heads. KNocking off their hats with my rev or dive stops about 2 feet above them.  Scares em at first but gets fun, especially when they break out a soda can and I hook the tab with a paperclip on my rev and fly off with it Tongue OF course I talk to em first and get them comfortable with the idea and teach them to fly a bit too.
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
the other day I had a group  of 4 SLOWLY walking literally within INCHES of my ready to launch kite,, they could have walked anywhere but decided they wanted to walk within inches, I waited until just after they passed and yanked it up, scared the crap outta them  Grin
had a family of 4 walk within inches also then the lady turned to me and asked "do you want me to hold it up for you? " I said no thanks and yanked it into the air,, she was startled too,,  Cheesy
had a lady jogger the other day trip on my fly lines and looked at me and said "oopps,, did I break it? "  Roll Eyes
sheesh,, theres all kinds out there isnt there  Cheesy Cheesy
courtesy is a TWO way street, you be kind and courteous and I will do the same,, you be ignorant and stupid and you get the consequences  Wink of course safety is always my first thought

"I'm growing older, but not up"
Jimmy Buffet
Lou
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2013, 03:45 PM »

I think we need to start a post in the Photos and Videos section that has video and picture submissions of these very incidents.  I would really enjoy actually seeing each incident I just finished reading on video.  I would likely be laughing quite harder than I am already.  Just a thought, maybe I'll capture some footage.  This seems to happen often with myself and some dog and his owner.  Which by the way I would love to bring my American Bulldog to except he'd probably jump in on the kite attacks rather than defend me!! Shocked
ae
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2013, 06:48 PM »

Just show them this video if they don't want to listen to reason that sitting under kite lines is not a good idea.

Serious Danger
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2013, 06:58 AM »

nice recovery after the watermelon!!!!   with the watermelon you should have had a spar sticking out of the nose and tried to spear it! take kite jousting to a whole new level!!!!!

pretty cool seeing the shape of that kite in flight!!!!!

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
the*real*stoney
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2013, 06:46 PM »

When you have set up in your area with your back to the wind and Mr. and Mrs Numbnut hustle past you with their paraphernalia and set up exactly where their blankets are just under your kite - making it nearly impossible for you to avoid  hitting one or more of their brood. That is the moment when you open up some  insect repellent with a rather strong odor and spray it liberally on your body. The wind will allow the repellent to continue in the direction of the neighbors. If they have dogs, they will come to chase the new toys and you can fly to the right and the left over and over until the dogs are worn to a frazzle. After the antics, the dogs will eventually slink off to the shade or look for other people who are more interesting than the birds that can't be caught. If they complain about your activities, you might might point out that you were occupied when they arrived and perhaps mention that the water would be much more for enjoying the day.  Stoney     

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document