GWTW Forum
August 22, 2014, 12:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A late model year entry from HQ: the Infinity (in Std & Vented flavors)  (Read 3212 times)
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« on: June 15, 2009, 11:40 AM »

New to the Invento range, this Infinity duo by Andreas Koopmann is now available: Competition-ready trick flight, coupled with very good precision.

More info at:
http://www.invento-hq.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=786&Itemid=39

ATB,
Sam
Sketch
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 11:59 AM »

Hummm?
how much $$$$$$? Wink
indigo_wolf

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 01:17 PM »

Hummm?
how much $$$$$$? Wink

Low-Mid $200s for the Standard.

There is a slight upcharge($20-$40) for the Vented. (This is to keep in line with the currently accepted vent hole preparation fees as dicatated by the Vent Elf Union standards.  Roll Eyes)

Both kites include:
  • Adjustable tail weight
  • Multi-adjustable Bridle (pigtails at all 3 connection points)
  • Integrated Trailing Edge Tensioning System (tensioned with bungees on the back of the kite at the center spine)
  • Wrapped carbon frame (mix of Skyshark P200/P300 and Dynamic T18)
  • Covered Leading Edges
  • Molded nose for snag free performance
  • Pre-installed Yo-Yo stoppers
  • Mylar reinforcement on all major stress points
  • Snag free bridle system

Discussion on the HQ Forum regarding this kite can be found at:
http://www.invento-hq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&p=7723

ATB,
Sam
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 01:23 PM by indigo_wolf » Logged
Gamelord
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 01:46 PM »

We've had some time on the new Infinity's and must say....WOW!  This is an awesome kite!  Here's some shots of it by the Godfather.

http://sports.webshots.com/album/571220836sZQPdE

indigo_wolf

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 02:21 PM »

Thanks for the link.... and as always, thanks to John for the pretty pics.  Smiley

ATB,
Sam
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 03:34 PM »

having spent a little time flying both of these, all i can say is for the price, wow, what a deal. you get a lot of kite for the money.
maybe they named it infinity because of the amount of potential bridle adjustment.  Wink

between the vented and the standard, i think the standard flies a little better, but isn't that the same for all vented kites?  here in vegas the wind is up and down, you'll be flying and the wind just drops out. with that in mind, the vented flies in surprisingly low wind, so it's unlikely you'll find the kite just dropping out of the air should the wind fluctuate.

according to the included nomenclature "After only a short acclimatisation, the pilot gets the feeling of being one with the Infinity kite. All known tricks are possible. The sideslides are endless..." i'd tend to agree, one of our local pilots really got along well with this kite and he was performing tricks which previously had been just outside of his capability.

the kite fills the sail nicely and provides good feeback on what the wind doing. to be honest, the frame is a little more flexible than i'd expect but it hasn't proved a problem in the slightest.

to me hq will score big with this one. like the shadow, it's a kite beyond it's own price.

Fdeli
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 03:40 PM »

http://www.chicokites.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=265

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
indigo_wolf

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 04:05 PM »

YIKES... this seems like my day for missing products on GWTW/Chico Kites.  Sorry Steve.  I am going to go stand in the corner for awhile.  Hope the charge is up on the MP3 player.  Huh

ATB,
Sam
ezme6
Trade Count: (+17)

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 04:51 PM »

What's the build quality like? Don't expect much at the low price it sells for but just curious Smiley

"Do what you like"
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 07:25 PM »

I thought the build quality was quite good. Aside from a little fuzz on the back of one kite all edges were clean and well finished.

The upper spreader and small ends of the lower spreader are plugged for strength.

Mylar reinforcements in the right spots.

We never had a line snag on any part of the kite during our flights.

Steve might want to post on the production units as I was flying a prototype.

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
Dano

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2009, 08:13 PM »

ARRRGGGH!

That was the one thing i forgot to do on Friday, was demo the Infinity!
 Cry
fidelio

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2009, 08:22 PM »

on the initial flights of both kites we had to reglue the ferrules on the lower spreaders, but i'd imagine this to be an issue easily corrected heading into production. as john said, we had access to something early which may not reflect final minute fixes.

however, i too thought the build quality was pretty good. it's an icarex sail, so you're good there. the rest of the materials seemed of fine quality as well. the bridle ends are sewn. even the wingtips have a bit of mylar on the backside for reinforcement. the standoff's aren't covered on the back of the kite but the caps are screwed in, and the plastic is all smooth and rounded so i'd be surprised to get a line caught there, especially if you were to use leaders.

the bag with the shadow had a tendency to rip the mesh pocket where it met the velcro, but hq have addressed even this issue. the bag with the infinity has a second set of velcro so the mesh pocket not only can stay closed while the end of the bag is open but it not likely to tear the mesh the way the old bag might have.

the real magic though is how well it flies. it's a kite i'd be happy to own.

Fdeli
fidelio

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2009, 12:35 AM »

now that we have pricing, i'd say it's great kite for the money.

actually i was incorrect about which piece of the kite came unglued in our test flying. it was a ferrule at the base of the spine which held the spar and the tailpiece together. it just needed to be reglued.

one of our local flyers bought one of these kites and he seems very happy with it.

one additional comment i'd make is with the flexibility built into the bridle and the sliding weight, i'd imagine almost anyone could tune this kite to fly how they liked.

Fdeli
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2009, 01:14 AM »

upcharge
Ow ! Can we not use words like that, pretty please. They set my teeth on edge. Or if you prefer they upedge my teeth.

Smiley

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
indigo_wolf

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2009, 04:42 AM »

upcharge
Ow ! Can we not use words like that, pretty please. They set my teeth on edge. Or if you prefer they upedge my teeth.

Smiley

Mike.

• Wow...talk about a delayed reaction??? Wile E. Coyote has nothing on you.  Huh  Roll Eyes
  • Sorry.... **charge is a fairly common retail term in my neck of the woods....  However, in the spirit of improved international relations and preventative dentistry, please provide a list of other upsetting words and there preferred equivalents.

ATB,
Sam
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document