2 Point Landing - Dual line kite

(1/4) > >>

AMartin:
Ok I've been searching for instructions or a step by step tutorial on how to perform a 2 point landing.  The most I got was this video, which shows a guy doing it over and over again.

2pt Studies

Cool vid but his hands move so fast I can't seem to get the whole thing down.  I have been trying this for a little while now and the best I can do is get a stall a bit off the ground.  I've walked it forward and it floats down but I can't seem to get the snappyness I see others do when performing the 2 point landing. Can someone either direct me to or provide a good step by step on doing the 2 point landing in the middle of the window?

Thanks in advance

Augustus

tpatter:
Can you do a crispy half-axel?

If so, just fly down and down that when you get near the ground.

Usually, you do a half axel horizontally.  So, fly across the window and half-axel to turn around and fly the other direction.   I imagine it this way -  you could do that same half-axel against the side of a house at the turning point and it would basically be a 2 point landing.

The kite does not care which direction it is flying, so you can also fly straight down and essentially half-axel into the ground.

Good luck,
-Tom

AMartin:
Quote from: tpatter on July 24, 2013, 01:42 PM

Can you do a crispy half-axel?

If so, just fly down and down that when you get near the ground.

Usually, you do a half axel horizontally.  So, fly across the window and half-axel to turn around and fly the other direction.   I imagine it this way -  you could do that same half-axel against the side of a house at the turning point and it would basically be a 2 point landing.

The kite does not care which direction it is flying, so you can also fly straight down and essentially half-axel into the ground.

Good luck,
-Tom

Thanks much!  I never thought about it like that but it makes sense to me.  I'll try it and let you know how that works out.

- Augustus

Ara Ararauna:
Great explanation.
This is how I'm trying to do them.
I say "trying" because I sometimes do them too high so I just get the kite to fly up again... ::)
Or I do them too low so I kind of uglily crash the kite onto the ground... :(
I've managed to do it two or three times in the past two months and the feeling is like: "hey everyone! Did you see that?! It was me..." :D
But obviously there is nobody to say that to... ;)

It is strange though. I can do half axels without problems. But when the kite is going down my hands sort of refuse to do the same movement and they make a mess...
As always... Practice, practice & practice.
Cheers.

tpatter:
Poor ground wind, which is what I have where I fly, can cause problems with tip stabs and good landings.

on the beach, it's so much easier and more satisfying.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page