GWTW Forum
November 27, 2014, 08:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: new summer-toy: angry freak ;)  (Read 1178 times)
turbo
Trade Count: (0)

« on: July 27, 2013, 08:51 AM »

my new summer-toy: angry freak

have fun

cheers Smiley

Angry Freak

turbo

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 03:11 PM »

itīs my girlfriendīs design Wink - ladies choice - she made the template (her first ever)- great work
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 04:56 PM »

I like the concept.

The point of the kite looks like it could poke a hole in steel.  Huh

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
turbo

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 05:37 PM »

the kitenose is "3d-folded" and "breathing" - under pressure the nose widens - iīll take a picture to explain  Wink
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 01:45 AM »

Very nice!
Did you use any existing open kite design to design yours? Magnet, SixthSense, ...
It looks to me a bit Magnetish... but I could be wrong.

I flies really well and the video is an excellent demo of the kite and of your flying capabilities!
I really enjoyed it.

More questions. How did you get the face of the bird on the sail? Are all pieces different parts of the sail layout that are sewn as usual? Painted them or parts of them such as the eyes and details of the beak? By glueing/sewing pieces of sail material on the main sail?
Cheers!

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
turbo

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2013, 03:08 AM »

hi

the freak-shape is my own design - no open kite design, just my own Smiley - all pieces are icarex except the white is airx - there is nothing painted - like in any other well done kite Smiley the black borders are spinnaker-repair-tape sewed on.

Wink
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2013, 04:48 AM »

Great finish!
Well done.
 Smiley

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2013, 04:49 AM »

By the way, you should warn all "pigs" around you before starting to fly!  Wink

In my bag...
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2013, 05:46 AM »

I really like how the eyebrows "hide" the upper spreader.

Was that coincidence or intended.

Great effect.

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
turbo

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2013, 03:02 PM »

eyebrowns/upper spreader are planned - it was no accident Wink - before doing the template i draw the design on a 3d-folded kite shaped paper to see the 3d effect and to see how it all works out - itīs no problem to do it on the computer as well, but itīs less creative work Smiley i like to do a sketch or draw a picture - all handmade fun
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum