GWTW Forum
December 21, 2014, 02:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Great flying time in almost no wind with the Aura  (Read 808 times)
Ara Ararauna
Trade Count: (0)

« on: August 02, 2013, 08:29 AM »

Hi,

I went flying day before yesterday for about an hour and a half.
Despite the little wind I had great fun with my Skyburner Aura 4.7Oz
Practised Fades and a few other things.
Hope you like it:
CastellStMarcal 20130731

Cheers
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 11:23 AM by Ara Ararauna » Logged

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 08:53 AM »

Awesome! nice flying, and super sweet location.
Slots and 540s look so slick its not even funny. Hats off  Grin

'hope you're enjoying the kite!  Smiley

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 09:38 AM »

Awesome! nice flying, and super sweet location.
Slots and 540s look so slick its not even funny. Hats off  Grin
Aha! That's because I have a great teacher.  Smiley
You know that when I saw your video with the prototype Aura I went: "Oh! So that's how you do a Slot Machine!"  Shocked

I then just had to try it a few times and Bingo!  Cheesy

'hope you're enjoying the kite!  Smiley

I really am!  Grin
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 11:24 AM by Ara Ararauna » Logged

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 11:45 AM »

Great Flying !!!  I knew you'd be feeling the No wind thing soon.  As Devin said your 540's Slot's are right on.  I think Devin and I are sort of connected to your kite.  Not sure if he still has his Proto up for sale...  Someone needs to buy it...  I was flying mine last night.  Amazing how many things she will do.  Now call Jon and order a "Widow Maker"ul ... and you will be the King of Spain....  Solus Ul comp.  Wouldn't hurt either.  But a WM would be first on the list... When i Fly my Widow Maker like last night.  When the win really sucks.  I grab 50# 75' lines and the Arua.... No problem...  She likes a little 0.5-1 mph and she is happy... 5-6mph and she is a Brat... Post more Videos of your flying. 

The more you post the better you'll get... I've eaten up all the support I've gotten.  Others will help...

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
Krijn
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 12:46 PM »

wow, low winds indeed!

beautiful 540's

a little bit of advise: sul's are slow kites, don't pop it in a flare if you want it to go to the fade, just slowly drag the kite to the fade (do not lose the tension on the lines)

Krijn
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 02:35 PM »

OK Krijn.

I trust your experience, abilities and knowledge. So I'll try that next time.
Cheers!

BTW, 8 days left for my trip to your country. Hope I can fly there  Smiley

In my bag...
alien

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2013, 07:14 AM »

Great video and flying thanks Ara............. Cool
Very much enjoyed and makes me want to fly!

Kiss

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum