GWTW Forum
September 02, 2014, 10:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Great service from Prism!  (Read 2458 times)
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2013, 04:36 AM »

The Prism forum has been plagued with issues for a while, it's blown up a few times in the last few years. It used to be a very busy forum, but I think most of the old members from there are over here anyway. Those that are still active in kiting, that is. Right now it is very quiet over there, with only a few active members.
My Prism kites have been pretty good to me, I still enjoy getting them out every once in a while. I've also gotten good service from them, but you have to call them. Their response to electronic (emails or website) means is pretty poor. You're much better off dealing with a retailer like Steve to get the parts you need.

Hadge
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2013, 06:48 AM »

Hi Rob,

I seem to have my problem with the Prism forum solved - it appears that the name I registered under last year ( which was rejected at the time) is active after all! weird!

I must say Prism answered my Email within the hour which was impressive.  When I found that I was going to have to order spares from the States, Steve was my first thought but when I checked into the Kitekids site I found he isn't shipping outside the US at the moment so went direct to Prism instead - I always prefer to support the small guy when I can.

Enjoyed your 4D video on Youtube - I think I need a bit more practise!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 08:40 AM by Hadge » Logged

Age and cunning will always overcome youth and skill!

In the bag - HQ Shadow, Prism 4D, Flying Wings Soul Mid Vent, HQ Jive (1), Spiderkites Zodarion, 'Paw' modded HQ Maestro ll, HQ Delta Hawk.
jaharris1701

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2013, 07:05 AM »

Hi Rob,

I seem to have my problem with the Prism forum is solved - it appears that the name I registered under last year ( which was rejected at the time) is active after all! weird!

I must say Prism answered my Email within the hour which was impressive.  When I found that I was going to have to order spares from the States, Steve was my first thought but when I checked into the Kitekids site I found he isn't shipping outside the US at the moment so went direct to Prism instead - I always prefer to support the small guy when I can.

Enjoyed your 4D video on Youtube - I think I need a bit more practise!
I also enjoyed the 4D video, Rob, you are quite good and I find your talents inspirational, makes me think its a lot more pilot then equipment, Ive seen other prism videos on your blog as well and you work wonders with those kites,,
I've been jonesing for a Widowmaker, but after watching your skills with the Prism line, maybe I just need to work more on MY own skills  Cheesy

"I'm growing older, but not up"
Jimmy Buffet
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2013, 11:25 AM »

Thanks, guys. I've learned from all these other guys here who post help, info, and other videos. I've learned a lot from other kites, too, and brought that back to flying my Prisms better.
You guys should check out Tom's (tpatters) and Alex's (fourmatic) videos of the 4D if you really want to see how it's done !     Wink

Cyphert

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2013, 08:39 PM »

i have the freestyle pilot video from prism.  its the best video out now a bit dated but i would love to see other how too videos out. there seems to be a lock of dual line tutorials out right now.
appleb

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2013, 08:25 AM »

maybe someone can explain to me why Prism feels the need to examine and either accept or deny applicants to a public forum,, quality forums only flourish with member participation and the more active a forum is the more likely people will continue to contribute, I'm a member to MANY forums, many photography forums as thats a HUGE passion of mine, the more active communities are certainly the best ones and they encourage participation as well as new memberships, to deny someone access does not make good sense IMO

I agree about the selection process being unnecessary.

I tried joining the prism forums yesterday and I got an email saying my application was rejected.  They didn't even provide a reason.
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2013, 09:19 AM »

"For questions, help or to report an issue on the forum email: prismsteve@gmail.com"
what was the response?

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
voodoo_joe
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2013, 03:40 PM »

Just wanted to add my two cents and say I think their customer service is terrific.  I have a 4d which I manage to destroy on a semi-regular basis and both times I ordered bits and rods I got my stuff two days after the order and the order was correct.  Plus both times they tossed in nifty little pins which take some of the bite off the cost of shipping.

Cheers----------------------->VJ
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document