GWTW Forum
April 21, 2014, 06:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Great service from Prism!  (Read 1930 times)
Hadge
Trade Count: (0)

« on: August 03, 2013, 05:58 AM »

Just a plug for good service where it's due.

I've just ordered some spares for my recently acquired Prism 4D - just small frame fittings I can't get in the UK. After the initial shock of the Prism shops online system wanting to charge me $35 shipping on $13 worth of parts  Huh an email to Prism confirmed that shipping on small parts is adjusted when the order is put together and it would but considerably less.  Sure enough the all up total with shipping was under $20 and it arrived in the UK today only 8 days after I placed my order...I even got a free pin badge!! Grin

Well done Prism!!

Age and cunning will always overcome youth and skill!

In the bag - HQ Shadow, Prism 4D, Flying Wings Soul Mid Vent, HQ Jive (1), Spiderkites Zodarion, 'Paw' modded HQ Maestro ll, HQ Delta Hawk.
alien

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 06:43 AM »

Hadge,
Prism kites are the total package...... Cool
My spares usually arrive in 9-11 days and i am in the boonies in a different hemisphere.
USPS to my door is a bargain considering the price of fuel,time,effort and the fading AU dollar.
Must get all my Bensons before we become a Banana Republic again!
Hadge

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 07:12 AM »

The 4D is my first Prism - Prism tend to take a lot of flack over here especially on the 'sportier' kite forums but the 4D is a very nice package - well made, flies well and come with a really neat case! ( Ok I know I probably paid at least 10 for the case in the overall price, but it is very neat!) So far I'm quite impressed - my email to Prism was answered within the hour ( unlike the UK shop I bought it from who twice failed to answer my emails asking if they stocked spares  Sad)

Unfortuately the Governments import duties mean that anything from America worth over 40 is hit hard and we end up paying as much in as the Americans pay in $.  That makes something like Zephyr not that much cheaper than a Benson. Lets face it, if you had the choice to buy a Zephyr or pay an extra 40 or so and get a shiney new custom Benson....well you probably only have one choice.

Shame as I'd certainly like to try a couple of others in the Prism range.

In the bag - HQ Shadow, Prism 4D, Flying Wings Soul Mid Vent, HQ Jive (1), Spiderkites Zodarion, 'Paw' modded HQ Maestro ll, HQ Delta Hawk.
alien

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 07:41 AM »

Any new Benson shipped to AUS is around $500 making them very special kites.
Prism is Prism and anyone can take the piss out of them,who cares?
I love them,the Ruby 4D and orange Micron live under my drivers seat and are on call 24/7,try that with a more exotic kite,no you dont.
Charles P

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 10:45 AM »

PM Sent to Hadge

In the bag,

Seven SUL, Deep Space UL, Seven Std., Deep Space Vented
hawkerhunter

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2013, 11:39 PM »

When I started in this sport it was the feedback that I got about Prisms after sales service that made me go with them in the first place. It seems they are still delivering great service. Whilst I have other kite brands in my bag now I havent parted with any of the Prisms and just had two weeks of great flying with my Nexus on holiday. It really is a great kite, tricks well  and tough as old boots. I still think that the Prism Hypnotist is one of the best start up packages available to new flyers today.
Cyphert

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2013, 02:12 AM »

i love my prism kites. thats why i went with them when i had my stack built.  quick on the parts and they have mastered the art of selling and making kites. great customer service great bags for all there kites.  now if i can only get a prism bag to fit 50 microns.
jaharris1701

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2013, 05:32 AM »

I have a few Prism kites as well and also own the 4D which I enjoy flying in low winds, I broke a leading edge by the ferrel and ordered parts, received them very quickly and also got a Prism pin  Grin the other day was quite windy and I found myself without a kite in my vehicle, being that I work at a hobby shop that stocks Prism and HQ kites, I grabbed a Hypnotist and headed to the beach, had a wonderful time with that kite that evening  Wink a few days prior I went to the beach with the owner of the hobby shop and he grabbed a new HQ Jive II, the kite was a mess out of the bag, one of the ferrells was completely unglued and slid all the way up the leading edge, the line to tie the wing tip was missing so we never did fly that kite, just wasnt as nice overall workmanship or quality materials,,
on another note regarding Prism though, I applied to their forum to ask members there about repair of the 4D and was denied, to be honest that irritated me somewhat, who gets denied to a public forum ??  Roll Eyes

"I'm growing older, but not up"
Jimmy Buffet
Hadge

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2013, 06:34 AM »

on another note regarding Prism though, I applied to their forum to ask members there about repair of the 4D and was denied, to be honest that irritated me somewhat, who gets denied to a public forum ??  Roll Eyes

...er....me.......twice!  I was on the 'old' Prism forum then they had a revamp and many users had to re register. The first time I tried I was denied the second time it didn't like my email  Cry

Bad luck with the Jive2 - I've flew one for a while and after some mods it was a pretty tricky kite.

jaharris1701

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2013, 07:12 AM »

...er....me.......twice!  I was on the 'old' Prism forum then they had a revamp and many users had to re register. The first time I tried I was denied the second time it didn't like my email  Cry

Bad luck with the Jive2 - I've flew one for a while and after some mods it was a pretty tricky kite.
maybe someone can explain to me why Prism feels the need to examine and either accept or deny applicants to a public forum,, quality forums only flourish with member participation and the more active a forum is the more likely people will continue to contribute, I'm a member to MANY forums, many photography forums as thats a HUGE passion of mine, the more active communities are certainly the best ones and they encourage participation as well as new memberships, to deny someone access does not make good sense IMO

"I'm growing older, but not up"
Jimmy Buffet
hawkerhunter

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2013, 08:43 AM »

I've been on the Prism forum since 2009 and I'm not aware of any selection process on the site. I know the administrators do try and intercept junk users, ie people who try and high jack the forum for their own gain, but that's it. Perhaps Steve knows what's happening. It would be a shame if people trying to join were denied access for no apparent reason. It did encounter a lot of problems during the last revamp.
Hadge

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2013, 09:45 AM »

Tried again this afternoon and I've got as far as pre registration!  Cheesy Cheesy  ...now to see if the system will let me in!

hawkerhunter

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2013, 10:29 PM »

There is a member called "Hadge2012" already on the Prism forum. Registered in Sept 2012. Is that you Hadge?
Cyphert

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2013, 02:59 AM »

takes a couple days to have them confirm that your are prism forum material.  im on there but i tend to chat here and kite life most unless its prism specific which i think is the point.  but most any forum site will have many prism people on it.
alien

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2013, 03:11 AM »

I loved that place but it dont let me in no mores?
Maybe it found out i was cheatin in a another forum far,far away!

Cry
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography