GWTW Forum
April 24, 2014, 06:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More Practice with New Solus Comp  (Read 730 times)
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+4)

« on: August 07, 2013, 11:20 AM »

A couple days working the Flap Jack, AVFFF, Cascades, with Solus Std. Comp.  First part is in Very low wind. Second is higher stronger winds... Kite really fly's nicely.. The Fade Take Off AVFFF  Huh Huh Huh was for Norm..  Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

P1

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
Ara Ararauna
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 01:13 PM »

Nice vid & flying Vert!
I'm trying to come up right behind you!  Smiley

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
vertigo2u

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 09:37 PM »

Probably flew my Best ever with the Solus tonight.  I have been working on Fade take off's ..Then rolling it up and unrolling it.  I finally got it tonight.  Something Norm taught me a while back is coming into play.  Has to do with inputs and Slack,Slack and more slack.. I just might be able to do some serious stuff very soon.  Norm's AVFFF is setting the pace.  I needed to Fade and roll out of the Fade and (slack) pop the kite backwards ( like the Flap Jack move) and She rolled up and I finally got my back steps quick enough to unroll her... 

The Solus std. Comp. is really a Great Kite.  I am finally getting good enough that she is helping me learn.  I WOULD NOT buy a UL.... The standard fly's in Very Low wind. 2 mph.  The beginning of this video is low wind.  That is why the nose feel so often... No wind.  I was on the second knot...

The second part I am fighting high winds and Gust ... The Fade Take Off AVFFF had great low wind...

A limited edition of "Solus Comp's" std. are being designed. Don't think more than 20 kites being made.  Not even sure of colors. 

I have five Widow Makers and One Solus std. 

Not going happen to this Cowboy... The changes on this Kite are incredible from the original. I am going to keep flying it.  If my flying gets better this next seven days.  Going to order another one...

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 10:55 PM »

You have really come a long way in your flying this past year Joe.  Nice work.
vertigo2u

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 10:12 AM »

I have been flying that Kite Solus std.  For the past week (four times).  I have hours of footage.  I have done things I have been trying to do for a year.  Been flying some beautiful AVFFF's. (Norms trick).  I can get into a Fade pretty easy now.   by practicing th Flap Jack.  Gave me the insight to give enough slack and roll it up.  Which I will post later.  By practicing the Flap Jack.  If I fail I can then practice the Fade take off.  Which then allows me to practice giving it slack and rolling it up.  I have needed a kite that would allow me to relax more with the Fade.   I have spent about 12-15 hrs.  just doing Flap Jacks.  Allowing the kite to fall deep and doing a lazy and landing.  This is giving me more insight into other tricks ...

I am working on doing a combo....  Firsts a Falp Jack take off.  Then dive into a Fade and do a AVFFF and rolling out of it and rolling the kite up and unrolling it... 

I am going to need some Help on this.  My new video will show where I am stuck. 

Also I am definitely going to Buy another Solus Std.  I am hoping to
get some help on colors....  Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 10:11 AM »

I have that combo your thinking about in my arsenal already.  I'll try and get it on vid, but instead of pulling out the flapjack for the landing I let it rotate another half lazy and pull to a fade.  Trick is to hit the lazy hard enough with enough slack to get the 1.5 rotation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography