GWTW Forum
October 21, 2014, 11:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NJSKC July 18th and 19th 2009  (Read 1467 times)
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« on: June 16, 2009, 11:13 AM »

This is coming up, and seeing as how no one has posted it here..

Great event, lots of room to fly for the non-competitive types, terrific venue.

Come on out if you can.

And here is the event site:

http://www.njskc.com/

See you there.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 11:51 PM by JimB » Logged
RonG
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 11:51 AM »

Pretty sure Monica and Ro are not registered on the new forum.
conklincomputer

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 12:07 PM »

yep, should have been me posting it, sorry.

But yes, NJSKC is coming, the registration form's already available at http://www.njskc.com/PDFs/2009NJSKC.pdf, and all information about the event can be found at http://www.njskc.com.

There's a discount for registering for NJSKC before July 1, so get on it!

This is probably my favorite event of the year.  I love the park, love the view, love the people, and there's usually wind!

Marc Conklin
Eastern League Commissioner
Member, AKA Sport Kite Committee
RAF Webmeister
antman

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 03:32 PM »

ill be there .. looking foward to seeing some that i know .. and to meet some new fliers too

JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 12:42 PM »

I will be out on the field behind the Statue of Liberty Tomorrow afternoon and at the festival Saturday and Sunday.

Come on by and say Hello if you care to.

You are welcome to fly anything in my bag.

I'll be set up with a Black HQ bag with Yellow ends, a small EZ UP, and me Tilly.

Wink
antman

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 02:01 PM »

hopeing to be there saturiday by 10 am

Bob D
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 06:13 AM »

I was there from 12:30 until 4:30 on Sunday. I didn't walk all the way down to where the action was happening but heard the announcements. Seems like RonG won another event from what I heard over the announcements. No big surprise there.

I met a few people from Scott Wieder's new Rev team, Rev Riders and they looked good! They're not competing yet but they look real smooth! Scott also taught a 10 year old to fly a B series in about 10 or 20 minutes. He's an amazing and effective instructor. Scott's a great example of what kiting should be all about. He's a real ambassador!

The weather was about perfect: about 80 degrees and mostly sunny with a few clouds to cool things off. I got all sweaty but never over heated. The wind was mostly in the 7-10 mph range with an occasional drop to near nothing. Further down the field you could see the flags moving but up where we were it wasn't doing anything. Then  a few minutes later it picked up again.

The Fearless was the only thing I flew. I brought my bag full-o' kites but didn't pull anything else out. I'm a hack but the Fearless makes me look good. Great fades, flic-flacs, decent cascades, nice snap lazies, good 540s, and BEAUTIFUL  Jacob's Ladders. And my new trick is the slot machine - but I only pulled a couple off.

I traded off with another guy I met there who had a French Connection. The FC is okay but nothing like the Fearless. The Fearless is SO much easier to trick than the FC. I could flic-flac the FC but it wasn't as solid as the Fearless. I couldn't 540 it at all while the Fearless gives them out. Forget Jacob's Ladders for the FC. The Fearless lives for JLs. I flewthe FC for about 15 minutes and was anxious to get back to the Fearless.

Of course the price for the Fearless is more than double the FC but what a difference a kite makes!

I decided: if you love flying don't fool around with a few of the $100 to $150 kites. Save up for a high end kite like the BMK Exile or a Sky Burner Widow Maker or a Nirvana. It really makes a difference!

(I'd recommend the Fearless but it's a whole lot more money than what most people would be willing to spend. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to get one at the price and condition of the kite I got.)

It was nice to find somebody else who liked to fly. There were a few other people flying too. We'll meet up again.

I also met Kurtis Jones, the big cheese for our area. He flew my Fearless for a few minutes and you can see why he's the big cheese.

The wind, when it was up, would have been good for flying Revs but I didn't. I promised that I'd be home by 6:30 or 7:00 so I left at 4:30 - and got home at 7:00 because of a motorcycle apparent fatality that closed the road 10 miles from home. (And that's why my wife is so down on motorcycles.)

Bob D.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change