GWTW Forum
September 20, 2014, 02:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: some of the oldish stuff  (Read 606 times)
david barnby
Trade Count: (+3)

« on: August 10, 2013, 01:22 PM »

good thing about having been around digital cameras since the very beginning is having 15 year old pics to go through. one of the bad things about having been around digital cameras since the very beginning  is having 12,000 images to sort through when they were stored on a literally dozens of different hard drives, usb sticks and computers Embarrassed

funny thing is, with my dslr today i often shoot 1,000 pics at an event so managing large quantities much easier

however, it has taken me almost 3 years to go through the legacy stuff to where i have it safe and sorted in a way that works for me. fortunately with a modern "workflow" managing the stuff produced the last few years has been much less of a task

anyway, sorry to blah blah about that stuff

i wanted to post a link that shows some of the old kite photos i found on my journey - some were taken on a vga resolution camera i think and many with a 1 mega pixel device so totally useless for nice prints etc but they remind me of lots of fun over the years and motivate me to get some of my kites out with the camera again ("some" being the operative word Smiley)

i think this should be the link:  http://davidbarnby.smugmug.com/WInd-Art
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 08:43 PM »

Those Blackbirds are just amazing.

Wink
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 10:39 PM »

You are so cool.

Thanks for the eye candy little brother.  Smiley

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
david barnby

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 05:12 AM »

Those Blackbirds are just amazing.

Wink

Aren't they just!  The closest was about to be flown by carl robertshaw - in a demo with overdrive. The world champs with those kites that year (and a few others)
david barnby

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2013, 05:28 AM »

You are so cool.

Thanks for the eye candy little brother.  Smiley

This one made me think of us flying together big brother - "fly the lines, not the kite"

The camera autofocus locked on the line and left the nivarna out in the bokeh which kind of worked out nice - guess it new new expression and focused on the lines - not the kite Smiley

http://davidbarnby.smugmug.com/WInd-Art/Dual-Line-Kites/i-ghSxR3b/A

The same nivarna is one of my favourite models. Dang, I remember unpacking it from its tube and discovering the little cd that came with.  Took it to bristol downs to get to know it. Lovely
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document