GWTW Forum
April 24, 2014, 04:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marina Green 6/27/09  (Read 4810 times)
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2009, 01:11 PM »

Roll call!

Who all's going to be there tomorrow?

I haven't flown at Marina Green much, but I wonder how crowded it is on a sunny Saturday? I'd think it would be pretty full of dogs, soccer teams and general civilians.

Allen, AKA kitehead
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2009, 02:03 PM »

If the green is crowded, Ocean Beach is close by.
Probably be better wind there anyway.

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
mikenchico
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2009, 04:10 PM »

When we've been to San Francisco Family Days Intl Kite Festival you find mostly people walking, running or riding by & soccer practice, but only 1 or 2 teams. The layout prevents them from setting up in the middle so you can find room to one side or the other. Lots of traffic, not much stationary doings.

We have family out from Colorado, Sunday is the nephews birthday so the current plan is Marine World saturday, possibly spend the night in Hayward but back to Chico somewhat early Sunday. If we get onto the penninsula it'll be for a "there's the golden gate, alcatraz, coit tower ... " whirlwind tour it looks like, but we'll honk on the way by  Sad

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
King-J

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2009, 04:54 PM »

Allen,
The wife & I will probably be there around 9:00, and like Denny had mentioned Ocean beach is just around the point, lots of open beach there, if it is to crowded at the Greens.
Look for a White Ford F350 With my business logo on the side, American Concrete Pumping, you won't miss it.

My Family, With More To Be Born                          
King-J

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2009, 05:09 PM »

When we've been to San Francisco Family Days Intl Kite Festival you find mostly people walking, running or riding by & soccer practice, but only 1 or 2 teams. The layout prevents them from setting up in the middle so you can find room to one side or the other. Lots of traffic, not much stationary doings.

We have family out from Colorado, Sunday is the nephews birthday so the current plan is Marine World saturday, possibly spend the night in Hayward but back to Chico somewhat early Sunday. If we get onto the penninsula it'll be for a "there's the golden gate, alcatraz, coit tower ... " whirlwind tour it looks like, but we'll honk on the way by  Sad

Mike sorry to hear you can't make it. It would have been nice to see you and Rhonda out there.
Bring your kites, drop the Kids off @ MW, you and Rhonda pretend you got lost in Marine World for a few hours Wink

DWayne

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2009, 10:33 PM »

Looks like it'll just be the 5 of us.
See ya'll in the morning.
Ooooo, beach flying away from the valley heat.  Cool

Denny

DWayne

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2009, 09:04 PM »

Good to see you again John. Even though the wind wasn't any better than the bumpy gusty wind we have here. It was a nice change of scenery.

Denny

Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2009, 11:49 PM »

I'm bummed I couldn't make it up there today!

I didn't get out of the house until 4pm!

I had a nice evening at Shoreline with some of our locals instead.

Allen, AKA kitehead
Turkey9186
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2009, 08:00 AM »

Sounded like a fun day. 
Sorry I couldn't make it.  Spent three hours in the morning riding from Concord to Mt Diablo and back.  Temps were in the high 80s on the mountain.

Next to the ferry terminal in Vallejo is a field about the same size as Marina Green.  During the summer, the winds are usually smooth in the 7-10 MPH range.

Jerry
DWayne

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2009, 04:15 PM »

Sounded like a fun day. 
Sorry I couldn't make it.  Spent three hours in the morning riding from Concord to Mt Diablo and back.  Temps were in the high 80s on the mountain.

Next to the ferry terminal in Vallejo is a field about the same size as Marina Green.  During the summer, the winds are usually smooth in the 7-10 MPH range.

Jerry

You didn't miss any good flying. Ocean Beach was light & bumpy. Marina green was gusty & bumpy. I think John's wind meter said 17 with gusts to 27.
It was nice to get out of the valley heat though. It was a lot nicer than the 108 it is here now.  Sad

Denny

King-J

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2009, 05:02 PM »

Denny,
It was nice to have spent the day with you & Kathy, Make sure you tell Kathy sorry for the circle trip around S.F. I didn't remember that every street would have had a No Left sign on it.
We stood a little longer so Terry could fly the Foil, I was surprised she really dug it, I may have created another kite Addict, Got home around 10:00.
The video I took of you flying turned out pretty good, I'll get a copy to you. Thanks for letting me try your Vented, Nice Kite, it will be next on my list once things pick up, and -or the exchange rate drops.
Next time we'll have to try a weekend at Monterey, Wind is usually better, maybe not so many people.

browndude3649
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2009, 06:41 AM »

I made it down there sunday, yeah lots o people.Imagine next weekend. flew my 100' black/white tail on a black/white/red nighthawk. May have created 2 kite addicts-One from Sac and couple from berzerkeley.
 Tried out my new vented B rev. Love it for bayarea winds!
Do you guys ever do Sunday fly days?
DWayne

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2009, 07:01 AM »

There was a guy Saturday flying a 3 stack with tails. A few guys flying power kites. A couple of little Prism foils. And a few misc. SLK's.
And yes, we usually fly on Sunday's.

Denny

DWayne

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2009, 07:47 AM »

I finally looked at the pictures I took Saturday and liked this one.

Denny

King-J

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2009, 05:16 PM »

Great Photography Denny. Not just a snap shot
I'm doing a little editing on the video and Music to back ground, what are a couple of your favorite songs?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography