GWTW Forum
July 24, 2014, 01:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying new Solus std. My Flying has gotten better... Kite helped.  (Read 1282 times)
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+4)

« on: August 12, 2013, 05:14 PM »

I am finally rolling it up.  Now when I finish my Fades I usually fall out to the left.  But I am no longer making the mistake and am holding it longer.  So I just AVFFF every chance as well as fade take off's.  I want to either Jacob's or roll out of the AVFFF and roll the Solus up and un roll it and ....not sure were to go... Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed  Norm should I go for the Jacobs Huh and what is the move... Huh  Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed

std Solus

BUYING A NEW SOLUS std.  ANY IDEAS OF COLORS Huh? PLEASE POST ...  Got to order new one in few days...

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 06:08 PM »

NOT NORM but... I will try anyhoo You have definitely come a long way BUT HOLD the FADE all of the other moves will be MUCH smoother if you come out of a steady,flat fade
HAVE FUN Kurt

have fun kurt
vertigo2u

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 08:27 PM »

I am trying to roll out of the Fade.. and then roll the kite up or do I for the Jacobs and just lightly spin it 180 degrees and then roll it up Huh

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Stuart99
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 08:54 PM »

for the jacob's:  pull a fade, lateral roll and pull to a turtle, do half a lazy and pull back to a fade
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 09:59 PM »

Honestly you could go for a few different ones....

WhapdoWhap, considering you're working with 3/4 rollups from the AVFFF.
Super start, considering you're doing flapjacks.
JL, as you said.
Once you get a more stable fade, a backspin.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
RobB

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 04:32 AM »

I saw a couple of spots where you had the perfect opportunity to pull some backspins. An unstable fade is the setup you're looking for to do the backspin. The Solus backspins quite easily. Then again, the Solus can do a number of tricks pretty easily. I'm very impressed with my Solus since it came back from it's long vacation around the country.

vertigo2u

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 07:50 AM »

I forgot to mention Wind speeds.  In the first clip it starts low wind.  Then almost No wind when I start rolling it up... I start at one end of the field and end up out of picture... Then in stronger winds.  I Love this Kite Devin.   Going to order another this week.  Got any color Ideas.   Weather is forecasted as a "Fall" type day... cool outside and it's about 11:00 am... Wind is out of the North on the high side. 

I have done about 100 Flap Jacks last week.  Plus Fades and AVFFF's ,Fade Launches.  I have a routine set up for practicing all of the tricks. The fade Launches were failure because I get trying to roll out of the Fade too soon.  Also not sure how to do it...

I am sure some more video will give better insight and others can pin point errors.

adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 02:47 PM »

Yo joe, Check your email. I have a ton of color combinations I posted on Facebook years ago in an album. I'll send you the files.

Update-- Just sent you 13 ideas. I hope one of them helps!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 02:51 PM by adx1592 » Logged

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
RobB

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2013, 08:06 PM »

Color choices ? I took a big risk asking for this color combo...

I originally chose it for flying in low light & fog, but it looks great in the sun, too !

JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2013, 08:31 PM »

You made a friend for life out of The Godfather with that one.

He likes the Ketchup and Mustard look too.

Wink
RobB

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2013, 06:41 PM »

Rob, I have hounded everybody I can to learn the fade. It is so important to help you move on to other tricks.

Yes, the stable fade is incredibly important. But, while learning to get a steady fade, one will come up with plenty of unstable fades, which is a natural transition to a barrel roll/backspin. When you see one wing rising, 'pull-start' the line on the rising side, and slack the other. Walk forward to repeat. Try to catch it back into another fade.

SkyRags
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2013, 07:11 PM »

Rob, I have hounded everybody I can to learn the fade. It is so important to help you move on to other tricks.

Yes, the stable fade is incredibly important. But, while learning to get a steady fade, one will come up with plenty of unstable fades, which is a natural transition to a barrel roll/backspin. When you see one wing rising, 'pull-start' the line on the rising side, and slack the other. Walk forward to repeat. Try to catch it back into another fade.

Fascinating....I am learning the backspin...but I thought the spin was initiated on the bottom wing

In my bag: Benson SuperFly, Jest of Eve Talon UL, KaoS Charisma
RobB

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2013, 08:00 PM »

Fascinating....I am learning the backspin...but I thought the spin was initiated on the bottom wing

I guess the rising wing could start as the 'low wing', but you can have a flat fade that starts to rise on one side, too. Either situation is the opportunity to start it spinning. Joe should find it pretty easy on the Solus, it's a backspin/barrel roll monster !

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document