GWTW Forum
November 23, 2014, 01:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Solus std. One week later...  (Read 1147 times)
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« on: August 13, 2013, 11:48 PM »

This kite has changed my flying... I keep flying the Solus std. In high or low wind.  This is very low wind.  Second from last knot.  Finally getting some where.  I did the AVFFF/ Roll up... Watching video .. I am beginning to see what to do next.  Various options... Some Good flying coming soon.

Solus std. I Love this Kite

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
vertigo2u

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 12:06 AM »

I am going to the kite store tomorrow.  I am not sure what colors to pick.  But I need to get another Std. in my Bag... I am getting to really like this one. As Gilda use to say "... It's always something...".

Devin Do Not Change a Thing on this KITE.  Your adjustments were perfect... Can you play the French Horn with one hand Huh  Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I won't even change to the Ul.  Maybe tomorrow at School Craft...

I really like the Fade launch into a turtle and quick lazy and landing again...

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
alien
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 06:12 AM »

Vert,
hot flying and videos.......... Cool
I cant wait to fly again,thanks 2u,,,,,,,,,,, Kiss
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 09:07 AM »

Yes, Joe, enlighten us...  Huh Cool  Kiss
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 11:04 AM by adx1592 » Logged

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
vertigo2u

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 10:36 AM »

The Solus fly's a lot different than the Widow Maker.  Tip stand was luck. I cut the clip makes it look that way. I keep trying to fly the Solus in almost No Wind it helps me learn the Flap Jack.  The adjustments makes it fall deeper in the turtle.  The constant AVFFF's and Fade Launches was bringing me closer to throwing my arms forward to get it to roll up.  I remember you saying something about going into the JL.  I thought flying that Deep Six I would be able to pull it off since I had accomplished a piece of it. 

Devin got me to understand the Flap Jack. He also did some serious Math changes on the kite..The Kid was right spot on...Also made a Big Adjustment on the Kite.  I'll try and do the Tip Stand landing.  I started trying them after the post about Half Axels into a tip.
Always afraid to break a rod. 

I didn't have trouble rolling out of the Av's until this kite.  It holds my Fades easier.  Where as for me WM was more difficult.  I am trying to understand what to do after doing a AVFFF... a trick that would fit into a combo.

Also I keep trying to double up the Av... which has me totally confused.

The reality is The Solus has allowed me to go into a Fade much easier.   No matter how many times I practiced and worked the Av's with the WM almost always the same out come.  Getting four has never been the Norm for me ( no Pun intended).

I keep smacking this kite harder when doing them cause I wanted to figure out how to roll it up without Wind Pushing it over.  I've always been able to fade launch into a Av ,but now I am more able to get in from a Pancake.

Yes Devin the changes you made are right.  I'll start to fly the Solus ul this week also.  I admit it... 

« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 10:42 AM by vertigo2u » Logged

adx1592

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 11:10 AM »

Keep in mind Norm joe has what like 2 years or so on the WM as well? Somewhere around. I'm just glad the new version is working out for someone! I still think you need to revisit holding a fade for an extended period of time and keeping it there. Im sure the UL will help you as well on the low end too. Just feels a bit more solid on the end in the low end then the standard, as it should haha. The weight distribution will help you do pitch based tricks as well.

Dont be afraid to break a rod. If you dont break, you're not trying hard enough Tongue

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
adx1592

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2013, 02:40 PM »

Pretty rude to mention here Norm, and no he did not. Please leave any personal beefs or whatever else is happening off this page. Leave them to Emails or PMs if thats what you want.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2013, 07:59 AM »

If you can't already do it, I would work on the half-axel to fade.   I think being able to do that really tightens up the look of flying.

You've already got the half axel and the fade and flick flick, so its just a matter of combining those items.

6 kite tom
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum