Lam Hoac ATM Video
(1/5) > >>
tpatter:
Folks,

Lam now has a video featuring the new kite.  Looks good in red. 

http://youtu.be/vJU1c0AYc9A

alien:
JUST HOTSTUFF............ :P
And finally some new kite string management innovations to move Lord Lam even further from the rest of us!
Thanks Mr tpatter,best post,you beauty,loved it.

;D   :-*
obijuankenobe:
Funny how every new design seems to be supported by a 'single-trick heavy' video. 

This round is the cynique and reversing multi-lazies.  Looks like a forgiving move on this kite.

obi
chilese:
It looks very sloppy. The whole idea of the Lazy Susan is that the kite lays flat

on its back, or at least the wingtips stay level (like the kite is laying on a table

as it spins). The deep turtle allows the kite to do the cynique (reversing Lazy Susan),

although the wingtips are all over the place.

Once again, brute force over finesse.

I am not saying Lam can't trick with the best of them, he is great. The kite, not so.
zippy8:
Quote from: chilese on August 18, 2013, 06:46 AM

The whole idea of the Lazy Susan is that the kite lays flat on its back, or at least the wingtips stay level (like the kite is laying on a table as it spins).

John is probably referring to the idealised, synthetic, textbook version of the Lazy Susan that we should all see in our mind's eye and Roy Reed's animations, which amount to the same thing.

These are great and many, many kites - yea verily even unto Back In The Day - are wholly incapable of performing tricks in this manner. We've gone through all this with Backspin versus Barrel Roll (including a mandatory defence and a steel cage match if I recall) and I think we are all just going to have to get used to the idea of the same trick looking a bit different on each kite, even to the point of stretching the definition.

For what's it's worth, I too consider the flaily, wobbly versions to be less attractive. Doesn't make them "not" however.

I was more interested in this line from Lam on Facebook - "Yesterday I received the first ATM for final testing with all the New Parts install on the kite" which would go someway towards explaining the lower price point.

Mike.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page