GWTW Forum
July 23, 2014, 05:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WSIKF Status  (Read 1535 times)
Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+13)

« on: August 21, 2013, 10:23 AM »

Been here three days now, one more to go. Winds are great unless you are a slack line trick enthusiast with old and slow hand speed. Winds are a minimum 15MPH after 8:00 AM and haven't as yet slowed down til after dark.  The sun is out and the temps are warm so it's all good!

Note to onself: Never leave home without a Rev in the bag.   Roll Eyes

Jim

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 11:40 AM »

Thanks for the update Jim.  I couldn't make it this year, so I've been checking facebook for pictures, etc. 

Too bad there is that much wind, but still ok - pull out a vented.   It's been windy here as well - I was flying in a gusty 10-20 last night at the hill.  It's a popular place at the end of summer! 

I flew until dark and must have had 20 other picnickers watching the sun set.  A few more weeks, and it will start getting colder again.

6 kite tom
Kantaxel

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 12:26 PM »

IQuad is having no problems and they are expecting to go for the new world record of one hundred in a mega fly later this week. I pulled out the Fearless Vent yesterday with stand-off brakes on it and couldn't pull off any more then two rungs of the JL before hitting the center of the window.  I can't run 17 mph (never could) so my three MPH wasn't much good.  I've seen Lam put it down in the center of the window in 28MPH..............I can do it in five, but not much more.

Gotta get back out there and see if I can't break something Huh

skb
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 02:05 PM »

Just got into town, will be at the beach this afternoon.
Probably won't be able to post pics until I get home, the wifi speeds here reminds of my old US Robotics 14.4 Sportster modem.

Sent from my '09 laptop using Hunt 'n' Peck 2.1
Kantaxel

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 04:11 PM »

The latest weather report has winds tomorrow between 6 and 10mph.  Looks good to me!
 Grin

MtnFlyer
Trade Count: (+50)

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 09:35 PM »

Ran into SKB (or was it the other way around?) on Bolstad this afternoon.  Smiley 

Jim, it would be great to meet you finally. I'll be at handcrafted tomorrow afternoon.

Bob
Kantaxel

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2013, 08:51 AM »

Smiley 

Jim, it would be great to meet you finally. I'll be at handcrafted tomorrow afternoon.

Bob,
Wished Id've logged back in to the site after you wrote this.  We checked out a little early yesterday morning, went up to Ocean Park and visited Jacks' Country Store before flying for a couple hours and came on home.  Maybe next time...sorry to have missed the opportunity to meet you.
Jim

Jynx
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013, 02:29 AM »

Status?Huh I'll give you "Status" = World Record Mega Team grid!!!  Smiley 9X9 grid = 81!!!! YAHOO!!!

"Excuse me while I kiss the sky."
Jimi Hendrix
mdilucca
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2013, 04:05 PM »

One of the best WSIKF to remember  Smiley

Featuring Ray Bethell Banner Tribute and Revolution kites Megafly record of 81 kites in the air Smiley

Have a look:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96345263@N04/sets/72157635233650015/

Cheers
Mario
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 04:33 PM by mdilucca » Logged

Cheers
Mario

thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2013, 04:36 PM »

Mario that banner set that Steve made is awesome...and your pictures definitely show it!!!

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2013, 06:25 PM »

Mario, Thanks for posting The pics!! for those of us that couldn't make it this year, A Lot of familiar faces.. I love it when photogs include pics of the kids and families with kids having a ball flying or just going nuts at the beach.. great job
regards Kurt

have fun kurt
mikenchico
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2013, 09:59 PM »

Great shots Mario. I missed those small comet kites, they came down before I got down that way, were they Bazzer kites? Enjoyed the Teddy Bear drop shots too, mine never come out good. Thanks for sharing.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Dano
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2013, 11:24 PM »

Status?Huh I'll give you "Status" = World Record Mega Team grid!!!  Smiley 9X9 grid = 81!!!! YAHOO!!!

i was shaking in my shoes  when i got to fly in a 5x5 up there a few years ago.  Undecided

but i'm sure you did good!  Wink
Jim Foster
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2013, 09:12 PM »

Jynx and Mario summed it up well.
Another great year at WSIKF.

Fly Together! Share the Joy, Share the Fun
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2013, 04:36 AM »

Great shots Mario. I missed those small comet kites, they came down before I got down that way, were they Bazzer kites?

If you are referring to these:

these are Bazzer's new Asteroids...........

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document