GWTW Forum
November 28, 2014, 07:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lilith free project  (Read 6644 times)
sugarbaker
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2013, 05:43 PM »

Thanks Jonathan and Kevin for what looks like a fun kite and a collaborative graphics effort. 

Jonathan, I also appreciate the CAD files.  Even though I suspect I'll go with Kevin's graphic layout, it is nice to be able to format for U.S. print sizes (36 inches wide) opposed to the A0 format.  While I'm happy either way, it sometimes confuses the folks at my local printer.  Thanks again, I'm currently moving (again!) and look forward to my next house, as I think I'll have a dedicated kite space... the biggest and best I've ever had!  Then I can get moving on some projects I've had waiting. 

KiteChemist
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2013, 12:41 AM »

Great! My space is half of a 15 sqm room Cheesy, and also shares with electronics Cheesy
KaoS
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2013, 02:08 AM »

Ooh!  Just logged in after a couple of days absence.

Jonathon, thanks for updating the files with the newer graphic - you didn't need to credit me, I wouldn't have come up with the modification without your original design, so it's still your design  Smiley

Yes, I drew over a printout of your original plan, I didn't recreate it.  I made a mistake when cutting out, but didn't realize until I read your comment about 26 panels.  Thankfully I hadn't sewn anything, BUT peeling some of the sail apart and installing the correct panels was a painstaking process.

However, this does also mean the updated plan isn't exactly the same as my colour samples.  Panel B should extend through panel G.  (This was the mistake I made when cutting the panels originally.)  SORRY!!!  Sad

I'm hoping to get a few hours on the project tomorrow.  Pics to follow
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 02:13 AM by KaoS » Logged

Kevin Sanders

Willunga, South Australia
KiteChemist

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2013, 05:43 AM »

Ooh!  Just logged in after a couple of days absence.

Jonathon, thanks for updating the files with the newer graphic - you didn't need to credit me, I wouldn't have come up with the modification without your original design, so it's still your design  Smiley

I  thought it was correct to credit you :-)

Hope that your project proceeds without problems :-) I'm curious to see how it will look in air :-)
KaoS

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2013, 08:27 PM »

Here is a PNG file you can use for choosing colour combinations in MS Draw

Right click and "Save Image as" (Ctrl + click on a Mac)

or if you prefer, a CDR (Corel Draw) version can be downloaded from HERE

Kevin Sanders

KiteChemist

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2013, 03:30 AM »

Should I add this in dropbox?  Smiley
KaoS

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2013, 03:36 AM »

Should I add this in dropbox?  Smiley

Yes, that's a good idea.

Kevin Sanders

KiteChemist

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2013, 05:32 AM »

The internal message service is down so i post here the reply about standoffs:

"The lenght of the standoff is meant "carbon-only" so with the connectors the distance beetween lower-spreader axys and sail is much more than the pure standoff lenght. What type of sail connectors are you using? I'm using r-sky ones that are 1-1.5 cm longher than jaco for example. If you are using jaco i suggest you to increase the lenght of 15mm. Sorry that I forgot to mention that the sail connectors i used where r-sky ones

Again for the upper spreader the lenght is carbon only and the distance from the nose of the upper connector is the distance from nose axys to bottom of the apa, maybe this is the cause of the problem (the upper TAPAs are too low)"
Krijn
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2013, 08:53 AM »

maybe it is more useful to give the distance from sail to lowerspreader instead of the carbonlength

(i will build a lilith ul and i will be using other apa's, so it would be useful for me)

right now i'm clicking and clicking using kevin's template...

Krijn
KaoS

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2013, 05:41 PM »

Waiting for light winds...

Kevin Sanders

mdilucca

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2013, 07:48 PM »

Very sexy Kevin  Cheesy Looking forward to your report Smiley

Cheers
Mario

Cheers
Mario

KiteChemist

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2013, 12:39 AM »

Very beautiful. It looks great with this panel layout

Only a note: the lower spreader TAPAs seems 10-15 mm too low, just make sure that , like the upper spreader, the distance is taken from the bottom of the apa to the spine axys on the top of the nose.

3pt spreaders :-) ?
KaoS

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2013, 02:28 AM »

My mistake... I had the centre of the TAPAs at the measured distance.   Embarrassed  Amazing what a difference that small amount makes.

I've corrected that, and have added 1cm to each standoff (using Jaco fittings).  Looking really good, just got to wait for light winds.

Kevin Sanders

KiteChemist

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2013, 03:36 AM »

It can be pushed up to 18kmh winds without destroying and still being controllable, but tricks are difficult over 15kmh because it is a UL-SUL hybrid. Waiting to hear your impressions and, eventually, a video :-)
Krijn

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2013, 04:05 AM »

looking great kevin!

so all the measurements from jonathan are correct?  Smiley

i'm trying to make a nice colorcombination, i already discovered the panellayout is very suitable for those medium pieces of scrap-icarex  Grin

Krijn
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum