GWTW Forum
October 02, 2014, 05:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stunt Kite Aotearoa  (Read 757 times)
SkyRags
Trade Count: (0)

« on: August 22, 2013, 04:26 PM »

If your not a kiwi (New Zealander) youll probably find that name hard to say  lol (Ow - tee - ya - row - wa)

Ive only been a stunt pilot for about 5 months...Ive got a lot to learn...alas...the sad thing in New Zealand is the stunt kite industry/interest/sport is practically ZERO - so my learning has been primarily self helped by the forums and vids here and elsewhere as well as help from kiters globally.

I understand that the industry declined greatly after the mid nineties...the advent of the power kite playing a part in that for sure....but at least it hasnt exited the market completely....

What seems to have happened is a concentration of the enthusiasts and the development of the boutique stunter..

With such impressive kites now available and the skill level and trickability of std, UL and SUL kites giving people the ability to do crazy stuff...I want to build the interest in stunt kiting in New Zealand...I want to get all sorts interested...and I am constantly learning myself

I have done this by creating - by the looks of it - New Zealands first stunt kite page.

It can be found here
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stunt-Kite-Aotearoa/131605967028426?ref=tn_tnmn

Im hoping this is appropriate to be posting here - I understand if it gets removed -

You dont have to be a kiwi to like it...but I think theres definitely room for the industry to grow...it certainly cannot shrink from here

If the admin here allow the link to stay - I invite you to like my page (still currently in its infancy) and help me grow the interest in New Zealand. Kiwis love being in their beautiful outdoors...I will post developments from here and various other kiting forums to my site and keep the interest global, relevant and impressive

Sincerely

Rick

In my bag: Benson SuperFly, Jest of Eve Talon UL, KaoS Charisma
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 08:58 PM »

If the admin here allow the link to stay - I invite you to like my page (still currently in its infancy) and help me grow the interest in New Zealand.

Best of luck. Don't break any more nice kites  Wink

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
SkyRags

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 02:34 AM »

If the admin here allow the link to stay - I invite you to like my page (still currently in its infancy) and help me grow the interest in New Zealand.

Best of luck. Don't break any more nice kites  Wink

Mike.

C'mon...skyshark was the issue not me lol

Wayner
Trade Count: (+17)

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 09:47 AM »

Nice page.

SkyRags

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 12:29 PM »

Nice page.

Thanks very much Smiley

I've shown many a friend the tricks that can be done on a dualie using Prisms Freestyle Pilot vid. Many were surprised and amazed a kite could do that - so I put much of the non interest in NZ down to simple ignorance of how fun stunt kiting is.

I'm hoping my page will help kiwis know a bit more

Smiley

Wayner
Trade Count: (+17)

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 02:05 PM »

Smiley

Your page may education more than kiwis on dual like kites.  Grin
SkyRags

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2013, 07:26 PM »

Smiley

Your page may education more than kiwis on dual like kites.  Grin

Hmm...tbh I never thought that...

If you know of anything relevant to go up there (something to place in the notes section for example...) do tell or feel free to post up

It will be awesome to see it develop further Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document