GWTW Forum
October 31, 2014, 04:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wife needs parts for her Beetle  (Read 615 times)
johnguz76
Trade Count: (+3)

« on: August 28, 2013, 03:08 PM »

I need the o ring where the lower spreader attaches to the center spine.there isn't a center t the lower spreader is all one piece.where can I find a couple of these? Can I use something else?zip tie it.I also need length of the upper spreader.She broke that too..
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 03:09 PM by johnguz76 » Logged

"GIVE ALL EXPECT NOTHING"
johnguz76

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 03:16 PM »

Don't need parts I was able to find a rubber ring in my tool kit and I set the kite up just cut a 3mm arrow shaft to size fits good.Shethrashes the thing should be good to go.

thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 04:51 PM »

cheapest way to find them is to go to your local hardware store....find the closest size Oring in the plumbing department.....

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
tcope
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 05:49 PM »

cheapest way to find them is to go to your local hardware store....find the closest size Oring in the kiting department.....
Fix is in the quote.

Todd Copeland
Member of T.I.S.K.K
Memeber of Utah Kite Fliers
http://www.utahkitefliers.org
johnguz76

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 01:16 PM »

Not sure why but on one of my wife's Beetles it has a upper cross spreader.Ibwas looking at her other one it doesn't have a upper spreader.Someone must of added a spreader at some point.Looking closer it does look like it was modified at some point..

thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 01:31 PM »

there was an upper spreader in the add on kit.....it sort of clips onto the leading edges.....hard plasticky fittings

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2013, 01:11 AM »

Hardware store, Harbor Freight has an assorted o-ring box that's inexpensive, or just stop by your local auto parts store. Big chain stores may not have them separate but smaller/older stores will often have boxes of sizes they sell one at a time and you won't pay $4.00 for the cardboard and plastic bubble, probably well under a buck if you find them.

Another source if you don't mind seeming off the wall is to go to your local Automatic Transmission shop, my family owns one and we have tons odd assorted size O-rings left over from the rebuild kits we buy for every trans worked on.

Automotive use is where those things came from originally.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 01:15 AM by mikenchico » Logged

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change