GWTW Forum
October 01, 2014, 09:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Second kite?  (Read 1133 times)
Txg8gxp
Trade Count: (0)

« on: August 27, 2013, 07:33 PM »

Well, I have been a Rc pilot for years and my girlfriend got me a premier vision kite. I have to say I'm hooked already. I didn't think it would be so much fun, I still have tons to learn but i have a feeling I will out grow the vision pretty fast. I'm honestly not sure how great the vision really is, it's seems like a gateway kite to me. I would like to know what to get next, I'm a premier dealer so any of their kites are a easy option but are they worth it or get something better? I'm not at the level for a comp kite but do want to learn to fun stuff. I really like the way the prism hypnotist looks to fly and the cost so that is a option but if I can learn a lot with a premier kite that would save me money to put into a really nice one when in ready. Thanks for any info/advice. Stephen
Wayner
Trade Count: (+17)

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 08:03 PM »

The Premier Widow would be your best choice. It is a mass produced version of the Widow Maker from Skyburner. with is one of the best all around kites on the market.  The Widow Maker is one of the most high end recommended kites for new flyers.   

« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 08:08 PM by Wayner » Logged
Txg8gxp

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 08:13 PM »

I was told by premier today that they are out/ discontinued on the widow waiting on another shipment of the new widow ng, I was thinking about waiting and ordering one of those. They also have the larger trick & track that you don't see any info about so I figured that wasn't a good sign.
Wayner
Trade Count: (+17)

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 10:26 PM »

The trick & track was a great kite in its day (I still have mine) but it is an older design.

Ok for learning to fly on and some basic tricks, but you would be better off with a newer kite if you want to get into trick flying   
Txg8gxp

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 07:13 PM »

Would jumping into a kite like a prism E3 or zephyr be a smart choice as a beginner? If so between these two and the new premier widow NG what would be the better choice? The reviews of customer service and parts availability of the prism kites has my interest, but I could also get the premier stuff at a lower cost.
trigger

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 10:21 PM »

I have a Zephyr and love it!

I am a newb, been flying for about a year now, and it has survived all my crashes while i learn tricks without a single broken part.  IT does well in low winds but is not a SUL. it need sa good 4-5mph to keep fling easy. I am also fond of the graphics which is important to me also.I think all of the tricks are in there even though I can't do them.  I can yo yo, fade, multi lazy, axle and a couple others. the build quality is really good, but not as good as my ocius.

that being said my next dual will be a custom W.M.!  I am not a fan of the standard graphics but have played with the colorizer long enough to find a few nice patterns.

If i were YOU, and had premier on my side, i'd get a WIDOW. it's not as light or boutique as the WM, but it should serve you well for a great price.  Jon sometimes has some modified ones on his site for a good price too

good luck
Jim
Bob D
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 04:41 AM »

Jim's advice is right on. Premier makes good kites and they're a good American company and you're supporting American kite designers! If price is an issue I'd wait for the next version of the Widow. And down the road the WM is a kite I don't think you'd ever sell. It's got a great wind range and does all the tricks despite my sloppiness with the inputs.

Bob D.
bwood
Trade Count: (+32)

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 02:01 PM »

I was told by premier today that they are out/ discontinued on the widow waiting on another shipment of the new widow ng, I was thinking about waiting and ordering one of those. They also have the larger trick & track that you don't see any info about so I figured that wasn't a good sign.

Hi Stephen -

The (original) widow might be available form one of the forum sponsors - try A Wind of Change over here  Smiley ->

Not sure of the differences between the widow ng and the original though.

Gamelord
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2013, 11:35 PM »

We are sold out of the original Widow's but have the NG's in stock.  Fantastic kite and the color layout is very nice.

Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2013, 08:00 AM »

Hi Stephen -

The (original) widow might be available form one of the forum sponsors - try A Wind of Change over here  Smiley ->

Not sure of the differences between the widow ng and the original though.

Widow NG is an improved Widow and well worth the money.  Not only new graphics but new framing and tuning as well.  My review on it here http://www.gwtwforum.com/index.php?topic=9477.0
Txg8gxp

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2013, 12:19 PM »

Thanks for the input everyone, I will start with a premier widow then try to grow into a upgrade like a skyburner widow maker or solus comp or a prism quantum pro. I'm liking the looks of the solus, it looks like it moves pretty fast.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document