GWTW Forum
July 24, 2014, 07:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: new and prism E3  (Read 1585 times)
wofl081
Trade Count: (0)

« on: August 27, 2013, 07:49 PM »

Hi all,

im new to stunt kite. I plan to buy prism E3, i want to know if i can fly in winter with this kite and ..if you have better suggestion for me ... Smiley

im already flying rc plane and helicopter and i saw men flying kite at field during day

thank you
Wayner
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 08:09 PM »

The E3 is a good quality kite, plus it comes with a training DVD. Sounds like a good choice.

wofl081

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 08:14 PM »

and to fly in winter ? im already flying on ski rc airplane
Gamelord
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 11:35 PM »

Winter weather won't hurt it at all.  You should be fine.

Gamelord
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 11:36 PM »

One thing to keep in mind when flying in winter, if the kite gets wet or damp, be sure to let it air out and dry fully before packing it back in it's sleeve.  If you dont the kite could get mildew and may smell a little.

thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 05:23 AM »

Hi all,
im new to stunt kite. I plan to buy prism E3, i want to know if i can fly in winter with this kite and ..if you have better suggestion for me ... Smiley
im already flying rc plane and helicopter and i saw men flying kite at field during day
thank you

biq question:
Where are you?
If you are going to fly in the winter in Fairbanks Alaska where the average temp is around -20F that would put most kites out of the running...

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
wofl081

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 06:42 AM »

Im in quebec canada and i plan to fly at maximum -15 celcius otherwyse ... not confortable hehe

I will let it dry for sure after each use

thank you for you answer all i appreciate

last thing please, do you have any other suggestion then de Prism E3 ... 190$
wofl081

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 07:20 AM »

is it crazy to think i can try 4 lines control like Revolution kite to start if i take time to learn easy ?
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 08:18 AM »

of course you could.....dual line control and quad line control are pretty different!!!

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
boomertype
Trade Count: (+26)

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 08:22 AM »

If you want control go Rev, if you want flippy, slackline stuff do Dualie.  It's amazing the learning curve on a Rev is lots less steep.
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013, 01:02 PM »

If you want control go Rev, if you want flippy, slackline stuff do Dualie.  It's amazing the learning curve on a Rev is lots less steep.

Thats cause there is a lot less to learn Tongue.  Comparable to the e3 in price but IMO a better performer is the premier widowNG designed by Jon Trenephol of skyburner kites.  Also if you can afford a bit more for a really good standard/ul starter set check out the skyburner free stylist.  You can get that set for around $350 for both kites.
Wayner
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2013, 02:33 PM »

Also if you can afford a bit more for a really good standard/ul starter set check out the skyburner free stylist.  You can get that set for around $350 for both kites.

If you plan on jumping in with both feet, this becomes a good option.

This is a great starter set for the money.  A standard and UL will let you fly in most winds. Once you get started and hooked you will be bummed out when the wind is light.  Have a UL kite will let you get out and fly in those light winds.

trigger

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2013, 05:35 AM »

Wayne is right about being bummed in light or strong wind! 

Rev learning curve is 10% of dual line when it comes to looking good on the field.  Ive been flying both for a year.  i felt pretty competent in 6weeks on the rev and am still a newb with maybe 4 tricks on duals

My recommendation, a dual stnd and sul along with a full vent rev.  that will prevent the deep depression from setting in while your looking out the window and leaves aren't twitchin or limbs are breaking off trees. 

Because i am determined to do dual tricks, my std rev never gets flown. The duals are out.
Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2
wofl081

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2013, 08:33 AM »

So you suggest me to buy 2 lines instead of 4 lines kite to start ?
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2013, 09:49 AM »

So you suggest me to buy 2 lines instead of 4 lines kite to start ?
Duals and quads are different styles and they don't cross over.  You will want at least 3 eventually and more if you really get into it.  A light wind dual, standard wind dual and a standard or mid vent rev will get you a good wind range of kites to use in both styles of flying. IF budget is a concern the skyburner free stylist  set and a rev EXP will be the three to get that will save you some money to start with.  Honestly, though I like my prism kites, I wouldn't buy an e3 for a learning kite since it is pretty demanding of skill and not prisms best kite.  Hypnotists or zephyr would be the ones I would recommend in thier line and I've had them all.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 09:51 AM by Ca Ike » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document