GWTW Forum
October 22, 2014, 03:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brothers from Another Mother (well, Father)  (Read 1489 times)
tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« on: August 14, 2013, 12:47 PM »

The most excellent Tekken, HUGO, and Sixth Sense.

I enjoy flying these kites - each has a different feel and style.  It is a nice variety.

-Tom
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 01:02 PM by tpatter » Logged

6 kite tom
Krijn
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 01:52 PM »

nice set  Grin
tpatter

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 11:38 PM »

nice set  Grin

Indeed!  Thx again for making me my sail - I always get compliments on the kite.

It's interesting t that all 3 of these kites have a very large wind range, flying very low.

Especially with the side view, you can really get a sense for how big the sail is on the 6h sense. 

6 kite tom
Wayner
Trade Count: (+17)

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 11:46 PM »

Nice.

Now maybe a video of each going through their paces.
alien
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 06:16 AM »

Yum,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Tongue
Yes,a video would do them justice....... Wink
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 06:19 AM by alien » Logged
vigli

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 02:27 PM »

Question
Tom, You said that kites has different stile. tell us please how hard is to made transfer from one to another kite in the same day with all 3 kites on the field. Do You need some accommodation time or You don't have a problem with that.
For example Jacobs Ladder. Do You use same "muscular memory" for that trick for all 3 models or some models need different touch.
Or with the other words said: does transition from one to another kite can be frustration.  Roll Eyes
thx.
boris
PS
Wonderful models.... enjoy them... Wink
northwavesailor
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, 03:12 PM »

Another 2 questions, Tom:

How do these 3 compare to the Lam Hoac kites you like?

Did you get a proto ATM yet?

Thanks!
vigli

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2013, 09:20 AM »

Tom,
any answers please.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes ?
thanks Grin
tpatter

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2013, 09:30 AM »

They are all great kites with different strengths. 

The Tekken and Hugo in particular excel in some areas.  The SS is generally all around good and a bit more laid back and much larger. 

Tekken is super easy to trick, yoyo, comete is best ever, everything feels smooth and flowing.   Hugo has amazing taz and precision ability with about the most pressure on the lines of any kite I've flown.  SS is not as fluid as either Tekken or Hugo, but does everything. 

I did modify my SS slightly by lowering the lower APA connectors about 1 cm which dramatically improved the kite to my tastes. 

6 kite tom
Krijn

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2013, 09:57 AM »

I did modify my SS slightly by lowering the lower APA connectors about 1 cm which dramatically improved the kite to my tastes. 

Hmm, Davide takes all measurements on the rods and not from the top of the nose...
(Oh, but Stephen framed it, so it should be all right.)

Krijn
tpatter

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2013, 11:00 PM »

Been flying Hugo alot lately.  I've got to give credit where it is due.  Smiley

This is the first kite that I like flying about as much as I do my favorite Lam kites.  Believe me, I've tried nearly everything else out there and nothing else has even been close before.  With other kites , I usually find a particular issue that I can't live with or I just don't like the kite enough to fly it once the honeymoon is over; but, this one is a keeper!  Smiley

Like my favorite Lam kites (Fearless/Transformer/Tekken), this one has a special feel and style that sets it apart from other kites and keeps the smiles coming.   I appreciate having kites that have different styles in their own excellent ways - its makes this hobby all the more fun and interesting.

Tom

6 kite tom
obijuankenobe
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2013, 03:41 AM »

Who do you need to email to get a Hugo?

obi

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci
Krijn

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2013, 04:06 AM »

@jay: pm
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change