Flying on the Edge!
(1/1)
Ara Ararauna:
This summer I spent a week in the Netherlands with my family.
I only took with me my Talon UL since I could not load my luggage much more. So I decided to take the one that I thought could give me more chances of flying.
In the end I had very little time for flying since we did so many things and visited so many places of the beautiful country.

I only got the chance of flying one day at a beach we visited in Bloemendaal aan zee: http://goo.gl/maps/HEbsN
Unfortunately the wind was so strong I could barely control the kite.
I was really scared of breaking the Talon UL but I just could not miss the opportunity   :)

So I was metaphorically flying on the edge of the kite and literally on the edge of the window to try to have the least wind possible!   ::)

Here's the short video where I was mostly trying slots. Funny how the wind makes the kite perform the slot moving backwards!

Flying on the Edge! (... of the window)

After about 30 minutes of flying a police car came up to me and told me that there was a special area of the beach for kite flying. That I should move North 200m.
I thought that was an amazing thing. Beaches with specially defined areas for flying kites!
That is indeed a civilized and organized country!  :)

At that point I was already so tired I just packed away but I really had some nice fun and can now say I have flown in the Netherlands  :D  ;D  8)

adx1592:
Flying in crazy winds weather its high or low will totally make you a better flyer. Props for giving it a shot :) It's pretty fun sometimes! Enjoy and keep it up!
Wayner:

impressive flying in high wind conditions.
Krijn:
poor talon...

the slotmachines end 5meters sideways, funny

i've flown some kites in the netherlands, great beaches  ;D
Ara Ararauna:
Quote from: Krijn on September 08, 2013, 06:41 AM

i've flown some kites in the netherlands, great beaches  ;D

Really?!  :D
Navigation
Message Index