GWTW Forum
September 02, 2014, 12:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: aura highlights  (Read 1299 times)
jon t
Trade Count: (0)

« on: September 09, 2013, 08:17 AM »

We want to thank everyone for their input on color combo's for the new aura.  We selected the top four and you can see them on our site :

http://www.skyburner.com/auraHighlights.html

and it also gives you some information on the build and innovative aspects of the aura.  I think anyone looking for a true super ultra lite will appreciate the aura. 
Special thanks Wayne Brunjes and Devin Cobleigh Morrison for helping make this kite happen. 

Jon Trennepohl
Sky Burner Kites, Made in the USA 
trigger

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 01:40 PM »

Very attractive kites!  If i hadn't just picked up the Ocius Sul, i'd be all over that!

Jim

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 10:34 PM »

I was flying the Spider Aura UL Friday night. Incredible wind range for a UL with a 2PT frame.

That black stock color combo looks really sweet by the way.

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 11:13 AM »

I'm super excited and super curious to hear your opinions of this kite, so please send any feedback or thoughts my way if you don't want to post them on here. I definitely think we've hit a mark here with this kite, especially with it be so accessible/easy to fly. Enjoy, everyone  Smiley

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 10:47 PM »

I'm super excited and super curious to hear your opinions of this kite, so please send any feedback or thoughts my way if you don't want to post them on here. I definitely think we've hit a mark here with this kite, especially with it be so accessible/easy to fly. Enjoy, everyone  Smiley

Very exciting news.  What is you feeling on the choice between the UL and SUL?  Does the SUL give up much trick-wise in favor of that extra 1mph of wind range? 

6 kite tom
obijuankenobe
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 03:38 AM »

Interesting that you openly offer that roll ups are difficult on these kites.

I wonder what you have gained with this sacrifice.  Some great moves are wrapped up.

obi

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci
adx1592

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 06:00 AM »

2 pop Rolls are certainly a possibility. The 1 pop, is not. The kite sits back so well in a turtle 2 pops will start handing themselves over.

Honestly Tom I prefer the SUL, and I think its easier to trick! haha Both are pretty much the same in terms of tricking but the trick pace and the general floatyness of the SUL I think should be mentioned. It is a bit slower which is to be expected. For some odd reason the SUL is just easier for me though, especially in rotational based tricks and the hard input tricks like the commete.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 08:11 AM »

I have done 1 pull yoyos on my Spider Aura UL.

Of course, I almost always start from a fade and do an exaggerated

Jacob's Ladder turn to build up momentum.

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
adx1592

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2013, 09:22 AM »

Exactly. They're possible. Not easy.

2 pop rollups are more its thing. I will email Jon and tell him to revise.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
jon t

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2013, 10:13 AM »

First off there, was no sacrifice with the Aura in regard to its ability to do roll ups. If you want the kite to roll up easier in low wind conditions you can always put 10 plus grams of weight in the tail and move backwards or fly it in more wind. I have been getting better with doing roll ups with the 4 to 5 gram weight that comes with the Aura but I am not the best trick flyer.  We are making a true SUL kite in the Aura. My definition(my opinion)   of a SUL kite is a kite that weighs less than 5.5 oz. and has over a 6ft wing span. The kite should have good forward speed when standing in one place with some movement in doing pitch based tricks in less than 2 to 3mph of wind. We have been producing a true SUL in the Pro Dancer for almost 20 years now. It is our longest running kite and I am still building them on a regular basis.  It is a much larger kite than the Aura and does not have the easy ability to do a lot of the newest tricks. The breakthrough in the Aura is weight versus size with a frame that is very stiff which also gives you the ability to fly in higher wind as well as very low wind conditions. I have found that it is much easier to learn a lot of the new tricks with a smaller kite. The inputs do not have to be as large and the kite reacts better because you still have the momentum needed to get slack line tricks done. Flying kites to music is my favorite thing. Being able to have a kite that rocks in low wind is what’s up with the Aura
Jon T
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2013, 06:20 PM »

If the Spider & the Webs were on every one, I would've ordered on all ready just for the looks. Incredible looking kite ! I'm still working with my Solus, but foresee an Aura in my future ! All my SkyBurner kites are top-notch, I'm sure the Aura is no different...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document