GWTW Forum
July 29, 2014, 01:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rev Power Blast on kite bar  (Read 1606 times)
hydro18679
Trade Count: (+9)

« on: September 20, 2013, 07:42 AM »

Has anyone ever hooked up a Revolution Power Blast 2-4 or 4-8 on a kiteboarding bar, instead of using handles?  I'm wondering if it is still as controllable and flyable, and if you can use it for power kiting this way by hooking into a harness.  Im interested in trying one out, but I dont want to rip my arms out.

The only thing i can surmise is if the bottom lines are attached to the bar tips, and the top lines are attached through the center of the bar to the harness, you can only control turning by pulling the bar tips, and only control kite speed by pushing foward and back on the whole bar.  so basically no horizontal slides are possible.

However has anyone tried it to see if that is good enough to get yanked around and be in control on a mountain baord or snowboard?
kwmf
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 07:54 AM »

Revs require tension on all 4 lines to fly - you can't slack the trailing lines like a foil.

Any method that can maintain and constantly adjust the tension on all 4 lines would work.

Smeagol
Trade Count: (+79)

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 11:04 AM »

I don't think a depower bar would really work on a Rev 2-4/4-8, turns/spins would be really difficult and like kwmf mentioned any slack would cause issues.

You could probably get away with a strop hooked into the harness with the handles, but even with that you wouldn't have much side-slide control unless you had a super long strop.

I've only flown them static so can't really say for sure...
kiteslinger
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 04:36 PM »

there was a proto type bar floating around a few yrs back
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document