GWTW Forum
November 22, 2014, 10:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hugo stunt kite questions ....  (Read 2653 times)
photogbill
Trade Count: (+2)

« on: September 24, 2013, 07:42 PM »

After seeing several videos of the Hugo ...by Alpha Kites? (best I can tell from a google search) ...My curiosity has been peaked! Looks like a very capable kite in the right hands.

I thought maybe it was a open-plan kite at first but after a doing google search, it appears to be a production kite. There was a Singapore sight that had them listed for a whopping price tag ...over half a grand!   Huh It looks like several good Euro fliers have them and have good things to say about them.

Can anyone share any/all information you have on them? Thanks in advance!
Krijn
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 04:39 AM »

yes, i've got two hugo's, a bill (hugo (s)ul) and a king (hugo vented)

the best kites i know, really (and i know a lot!)

if you want to buy one, contact busterike (thorsten mikus), i'll pm you if you want an emailaddress (let me know)
Krijn

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 04:40 AM »

oh yes, they are expensive... (over 400 each = $540)

worth it? for me yes
dragonfly
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 05:32 AM »

Can anyone share any/all information you have on them? Thanks in advance!
Seen > this?

Hugo = std; Bill = (S)UL; King = vented
All 3 versions are made by Thorsten and Mathias, who left Alphakites last year.
More details / contact are also > here and > here.

Mod: I am going to have to refer you to this.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 07:34 AM by zippy8 » Logged

:: a carbon framed out-of-body experience ::
photogbill

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 06:56 AM »

Thanks for the quick replies!

dragonfly ...Thanks for the forum links! Only read a few pages of the first link but will definitely check the rest later on when I'm not pressed for time. My interest is definitely peeked.

Yes Krijn, I would appreciate your pm'ing me with Thorsten's email address. Which model do you recommend the most? The Bill (ul). I normally fly in under 10 mph & don't like flying in anything above 15 mph anyway. Read that the Std. one flies in as low a range as many ULs ...if that is true ...is there any trick-ability advantage in getting the std?

ON a  side note, I Just found out that my ATM will be ready to ship next week so I'll be tapped out on kite funds for awhile but I'm sure interested in a Hugo for a future purchase. Thanks.
Krijn

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 08:43 AM »

The windrange of Hugo is unbelievable. In 4 km/h (you have to translate that to miles yourself  Angry ) you can fly it without much movement. A bit more and the real fun starts. At 35 km/h you feel the maximum is near. Framed in Aerostuff Gold Sport and Gold Sport S.

Bill is a really great kite. Flies below many SUL's and can take some gusts. All Aerostuff Blue in this one.

Maybe Bill is the kite for you, if you fly in light winds most of the time. But because of the lower windrange of Hugo it may be a better choice. You pick one!

Krijn

ps pm is there
jaydub
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 08:46 AM »

4km/h = 2.5mph

35 km/h = ~22mph

That's a pretty wide wind range. Wink
KaoS
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 06:05 PM »

My interest is definitely peeked.

Hey Bill...I think that is "piqued".  Unless your interest is looking out between its fingers  Wink

... or if it has reached the highest point it could ever go, it might even have peaked.  (and feel free to slap me for being a Smart A** )  Sad
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 06:07 PM by KaoS » Logged

Kevin Sanders

Willunga, South Australia
harveystubbs
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2013, 01:05 AM »

Hey Bill...I think that is "piqued".  Unless your interest is looking out between its fingers  Wink

... or if it has reached the highest point it could ever go, it might even have peaked.  (and feel free to slap me for being a Smart A** )  Sad

If you speak English properly then it's a*** .... Sorry Kev couldn't resist Tongue Cool
photogbill

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2013, 07:23 AM »

I confess .....I peeked!   Cheesy
Mr.Derrick
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2013, 06:28 AM »

I think HUGO will be the first choise. The Idea behind Hugo was "one Kite, one Line" (and your ready).  For me this approach fits in nearly 80%. If i don`t own Bill it will be 90%.
But: two weeks ago i spend Bill a new set of Aero Gold (if "S" or not "S" i don`t knwo - the lighter once)  lower spreader. So Bill is now more a UL / std as SUL / UL. And i love it very very mutch. The feeling and feedback is now more a Hugo feeling/feedback.

greetings from Berlin- Germany
Dirk
My Kite Picture Page: http://de.zooomr.com/photos/elduderino/sets/38621/
tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2013, 09:37 AM »

I'd recommend Hugo as well - goes pretty low and I prefer the extra mass for faster pitch and trick movement in general.    Nothing wrong with Bill! It's just that, if you've got just a bit more wind, I think Hugo is more 'fun'. 

So, I think hugo first, if you like that, then bill and likely king if you've gone that far!  Smiley

6 kite tom
photogbill

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2013, 10:19 AM »

Thanks Tom 7 Derrick...that confirms my own inclinations!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum