ending Jacobs Ladder on SUL
(1/3) > >>
vigli:
Hi
- I  put back in the kite bag SD SUL and Fearless SUL  away from selling .
I had some good SUL wind-WOW!
 ??? ??? ??? ???  ;D
Need help about SUL trick....
When I'm doing JL I made half Lazy Susan and then I stuck. I pull 2 hands to  put kite in the fade (to unroll it)  but it just pup up and stay in that position-in half Lazy Susan position. Do I need to made acceleration pull maybe?
With standard model no problem but any tips for SUL.
Thanks a lot.... boris
Krijn:
never allow slack in your lines, keep contact with the kite!

just sweep it slowly back to fade

it's typical for sul's (not the transformer, by the way)

and practice, practice,...
RobB:

Need help about SUL trick....
When I'm doing JL I made half Lazy Susan and then I stuck. I pull 2 hands to  put kite in the fade (to unroll it)  but it just pup up and stay in that position-in half Lazy Susan position. Do I need to made acceleration pull maybe?
With standard model no problem but any tips for SUL.
Thanks a lot.... boris

Hey Boris,
This is more of a problem for me with the FL SUL than the SD SUL. TPatters gave me the solution to this a while ago... a smooth pull to unroll rather than a pop input like you would do with a standard kite. It works when I remember to do it right...
vigli:
Thanks for advice....
On Fearless SUL is harder to finish JL- I gess because  it has more deep - turtle position.... I notice the same...
But I will try again...practice, practice........

Rob ...did You try to pull out weight from the tail from SD SUL and to extend flying in the lower wind? And if You did, any report about that...
thx
RobB:
Hey Boris,
I haven't found the need to take the weight out of my SD SUL. Lam must have put mine together extra-special, because it flies in lower wind than my FL Tattoo ! I had it out recently on a day that it was difficult to tell which way the wind was blowing, and it flew and tricked fine on 50' lines. I had a hard time trying to decide whether to fly the SD SUL or the ProDancer SUL that day, but I didn't even have to work as hard as I thought I would  with the SD.
I find that the FL SUL unrolls better if the wind is 3-5mph. It can fly easily in less wind, but I avoid turtle based tricks in that condition.
~Rob.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page