GWTW Forum
October 31, 2014, 03:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ending Jacobs Ladder on SUL  (Read 1483 times)
vigli
Trade Count: (0)

« on: September 28, 2013, 01:57 PM »

Hi
- I  put back in the kite bag SD SUL and Fearless SUL  away from selling .
I had some good SUL wind-WOW!
 Huh Huh Huh Huh  Grin
Need help about SUL trick....
When I'm doing JL I made half Lazy Susan and then I stuck. I pull 2 hands to  put kite in the fade (to unroll it)  but it just pup up and stay in that position-in half Lazy Susan position. Do I need to made acceleration pull maybe?
With standard model no problem but any tips for SUL.
Thanks a lot.... boris
Krijn
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 02:11 AM »

never allow slack in your lines, keep contact with the kite!

just sweep it slowly back to fade

it's typical for sul's (not the transformer, by the way)

and practice, practice,...
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 04:19 AM »

Need help about SUL trick....
When I'm doing JL I made half Lazy Susan and then I stuck. I pull 2 hands to  put kite in the fade (to unroll it)  but it just pup up and stay in that position-in half Lazy Susan position. Do I need to made acceleration pull maybe?
With standard model no problem but any tips for SUL.
Thanks a lot.... boris

Hey Boris,
This is more of a problem for me with the FL SUL than the SD SUL. TPatters gave me the solution to this a while ago... a smooth pull to unroll rather than a pop input like you would do with a standard kite. It works when I remember to do it right...

vigli

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 06:12 AM »

Thanks for advice....
On Fearless SUL is harder to finish JL- I gess because  it has more deep - turtle position.... I notice the same...
But I will try again...practice, practice........

Rob ...did You try to pull out weight from the tail from SD SUL and to extend flying in the lower wind? And if You did, any report about that...
thx
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 06:22 AM by vigli » Logged
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 10:27 AM »

Hey Boris,
I haven't found the need to take the weight out of my SD SUL. Lam must have put mine together extra-special, because it flies in lower wind than my FL Tattoo ! I had it out recently on a day that it was difficult to tell which way the wind was blowing, and it flew and tricked fine on 50' lines. I had a hard time trying to decide whether to fly the SD SUL or the ProDancer SUL that day, but I didn't even have to work as hard as I thought I would  with the SD.
I find that the FL SUL unrolls better if the wind is 3-5mph. It can fly easily in less wind, but I avoid turtle based tricks in that condition.
~Rob.

rudyy
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 01:30 PM »

Unlike the Fearless light or standard which needs a pop, the SUL and UL needs a smooth pull.

Hope this helps.
Jorge Gouverneur

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 08:22 PM »

Try to pull the fade just before you the half Lazy-Susan is done. Don't wait until the nose is pointing you. Test different angles.

This video I put together is loaded with JLs. At the beginning  of this video you can see how I pulled the fade from the half Lazy-Susan.

My FC UL Again

Kite: French Connection UL. 
Winds:  2-5 MPH

Hope it helps you with your JLs.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 08:25 PM by jegouv » Logged
tgard
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 09:11 PM »

Try to pull the fade just before you the half Lazy-Susan is done. Don't wait until the nose is pointing you. Test different angles.

I have the same problem with my Nirvana SUL.  Thanks so much I will try this next time I'm out with it.
vigli

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 11:04 PM »

Thanks a lot to all for advice
Jorge Gouverneur

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2013, 04:46 PM »

Here is another video with JLs in slow motion. I'm flying a SilverFox 2.3 UL. and I was Having the same problems with the JL until I started using the Technique of pulling the fade from the Lazy Susan just before the half rotation was done.

http://youtu.be/AWqg91Vpo2Y

Thanks.

Jorge.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 04:49 PM by Jorge Gouverneur » Logged
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2013, 03:24 AM »

Here is another video with JLs in slow motion. I'm flying a SilverFox 2.3 UL. and I was Having the same problems with the JL until I started using the Technique of pulling the fade from the Lazy Susan just before the half rotation was done.

http://youtu.be/AWqg91Vpo2Y

Thanks.

Jorge.

Nice!
VERY nice!

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
Jorge Gouverneur

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2013, 05:08 AM »

Thanks Ara Ararauna
vigli

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2013, 07:21 AM »

look so easy on video Roll Eyes
 Wink
thanks
skb
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2013, 07:54 AM »

SULs respond best to gentle handling: smooth, steady pulls instead of pops.
Practise in a nice smooth beach wind and you'll soon find the right inputs needed.

Sent from my '09 laptop using Hunt 'n' Peck 2.1
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change