GWTW Forum
October 01, 2014, 03:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Half Axel landings and new Inak  (Read 363 times)
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« on: September 19, 2014, 11:35 AM »

#1.)I keep on working it.  Wink Wink It is starting to look pretty good.  Huh ???I have to move inward on the last input...  Undecided The worry is breaking a rod.  :'( :'(After that I think it's  timing.

#2.)  My new Inak ..Jon changed the spreader to a two piece.   I took it out when this guy didn't think I could fly cause wind was almost gone.. pain when it gust to 1 mph...

Half Axel Landings

New INak

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
vertigo2u

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 11:46 AM »

The new INak also has a different bridle system than before... I flew her after the wind died down again and was much smoother.  She does not like wind.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy.  But she can be taught to deal with it.  If you have no wind conditions and just need something to play with.  That will allow for some tricks..she's your girl. 

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Wayner
Trade Count: (+17)

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 01:54 PM »

Congratulations on your half axel and 2 point landing.  Practice time is a major component of success.

We have the same long input pulls.  The Godfather is always telling me to shorten my inputs.   Roll Eyes  After 4 years I think I got it.  Undecided

Your half axel at the start (with the stunning star and strips version) and at 1:01 into the video were your best landings and they both had a short input.  On these you push your hand forward before your input.  So the kite only got a 1-2 pop vs. the longer 1 foot full pull. Practice 1 inch pops and you will be a master of this trick in no time.  Cool
vertigo2u

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 05:48 PM »

Thanks for the input Wayne ( no Pun intended)  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  I started to re-watch and re-watch.. I then saw the difference.  Going to work on that.  I just got back about two hours ago from the beach.  When I arrived NO wind ...the Flag just hung... No one there... But I decided to take out the Inak...  I set up my lines and felt a slight breeze so I started to set up my Widow Maker ul...  Then the wind went from 1/2mph (maybe).  The wind picked up and put my meter on it... 10/11 mph.  I have my set of Widow Makers on the loan right now.  Out came my Solus and we practiced a whole lot of landings...  I just download video and I'll watch for the same same ... Thanks  Wayne.  They look nice when it happens...

Wayner

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 03:08 PM »

They look nice when it happens...

Cool

Love that feeling when you get it right.
Wayner

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 03:18 PM »

Thanks for the input Wayne ( no Pun intended)  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Glad it helped.  All the credit goes to John Chilese.  He has been telling me this for several years.
Jorge Gouverneur
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2014, 05:31 PM »

Nice Flying.  Smiley
jsteph
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 09:08 AM »

nice video Joe. I flew Spence's INAK last week in about 3 mph wind and had a ball. got it fade and almost a flic-flac. best hour of the weekend.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document