GWTW Forum
October 01, 2014, 07:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kite my dog put my best kite in the tree  (Read 292 times)
sadsack
Trade Count: (0)

« on: Yesterday at 10:23 AM »

I have never had a kite in a tree befor. What would be the best way to get it down??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVGYrlKFzPI&feature=youtu.be

Whats that in the sky?Huh
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 10:37 AM »

how tall? a couple of simple ideas:

Telescoping banner pole...use as a reach device....(or a pol skimmer rod, etc...)

fly a second kite above the first one....larkshead a carabiner/clip onto the line of the second kite....clip the first kite's line into the clip...then let the second kite go skyward....that will pull the line of the first kite upward and hopefully into a position where it can be popped out of the tree...

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Dano
Trade Count: (+8)

« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 11:56 AM »

I used to use a slingshot and fishing line tied to a rock, pull that line back w\ 1/4" rope to jiggle the kite down with.  Now, I just avoid flying by kite catching trees.    Smiley
sadsack

« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 03:42 PM »

I have 5 big trees in my front yard, I knew it was just a matter of time be for I got into one. I will think of something, looking for a very long pole. If i can't find one i am climbing tomorrow.

whitebirdlover
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 04:43 PM »

You Sir, have been "Charlie Browned"  Wink

Anthony
sadsack

« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 05:13 PM »

Well the Blue Max is home and safe. A friend brought a tree trimming pole about 20 feet long and with my 10 foot step latter in the bed of his big 4x4, it came down. I just touched it and it glided right out of the tree.

fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 05:57 PM »

always nice to hear a happy ending. Smiley

Fdeli
Boats13
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 09:39 PM »

YAY!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document