Kauai?

Pages: (1/1)

thief:

Heading there on a family trip this february....anyone have tips? kite tips....water fun tips....foresty tips? anything!!!!

(i did find this thread http://www.gwtwforum.com/index.php?topic=4024.0 but am planning on bringing only single lines)..

tarheel:

I was there about 8 years ago.  I didn't fly, but the kayak trip up the river to the waterfall was something I have not forgotten.  Then drive to the north side of the island.  At the end of the road is some of the most amazing snorkeling.
The winds are steady, so flying will be great. 
I want to go back.

ancnthiflr:

The most beautiful beach in the world is on Kauai. A movie has been filmed there. Because it has no facilities, it doesn't get the crowds that other beaches might.
It is at its best in the summer, when the sand is at it's maximum (so some room for kites, flying on the tradewinds), and the surf is minimal. The tide pools are safe, pristine and crystal clear.
Winter surf washes away a lot of the beach. The high surf can make the tidepools and cliff areas dangerous. Not sure in February if the sand will be back and the surf still high.

Pages: (1/1)