GWTW Forum
April 20, 2014, 02:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Links to plans  (Read 13374 times)
positivo
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2009, 11:39 AM »

After testing a little less than a whole year and flying competitions, some minor modifications were done to the 2009 model.
On the website we have adjusted all the measurements and plans.
For pilots with a 2009 model it's just sufficient to make the tri-axis bridle,
slide the cross piece (center T) 1 cm higher, the APA's on the bottom leading edges 18 mm higher and shorten the upper spreader to 50 cm.
For new builders: just build what's on the plans.   Wink

The 2010 model is different from the 2009 STDi, they can coexist in your kitebag because they complement each other.
These plans will be put online between January 16 and 23.

the website:   http://www.tweelijners.com/werner/
Kareloh
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2011, 07:16 AM »

This belongs here as well:

P2 open source trickkite
Cydonia

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2011, 11:56 PM »

new plan on petithomme.be website:

edit: english version

http://www.petithomme.be/cv4/index.php?post/2011/09/26/Le-Rokh%3A-nouveau-plan-disponible&navlang=en

a link to see a preview of the kite

le Rokh en video

« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 02:36 AM by Cydonia » Logged
shrooms
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2012, 08:59 PM »

Maybe it was already posted but I want to post the website mostly for myself.

http://www.kiteplans.org
madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2012, 12:18 PM »

Great thread, Ian -- bookmarked it.

Thanks!

Nancy

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2012, 10:34 AM »

Hi,

This makes reference to the Le Quartz kite open project with the rectilinear complex layout (not the simpler one).

I traced the pieces from the PDF with a vectorial graphics free software program called InkScape (really nice program similar to Corel Draw but free: http://inkscape.org/).
I use this program a lot for drawing all sorts of graphics that are line-based.
The native format is SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) but it can also save in DXF which is the format that the laser cutter software could import.
Below I make available the tracing in SVG so that anyone that wishes to mess about with the colour definition or shapes can download InkScape and then do whatever you wish: print on paper, export to DXF, etc.
This is the file:
http://www.dtic.upf.edu/~npares/personal/kites/LeQuartz_TracedPieces_RectilinearComplexPattern.svg

The interesting thing also is that SVG format is native to HTML and most browsers allow to visualise it directly.

NOTE! The pieces are already traced with the overlap for the seam. Therefore once you cut the piece it can already be glued to its neighbours.

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
inewham
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2013, 01:31 PM »

Hi guys,

I hope to hit the right board, if not please put the thread to another one. I want to share the plans of the Magnet with you. I developed it over 1,5 years and like the idea of an open source project.

Please read the "How to" and "Readme"`s carefully, if you got any questions just let me know. I don`t want to bother you with more words but let the movies speak!

Magnet Teaser on Vimeo

Magnetizing Sunset on Vimeo

The Plan
http://ul.to/476l5fth

Thanks David

sugarbaker
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2013, 11:25 AM »

I'm not finding the plan at this link... anyone have the data?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography