GWTW Forum
September 01, 2014, 02:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't count Ocius Ul & Ocius Sul out  (Read 783 times)
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« on: October 24, 2013, 12:29 PM »

Just beginning to understand how good this Kite really is.  Working on the JL's with the Ocius Ul really paid off.  I started to transition it into the Ocius Sul on a No Wind day.. some success and failures... Biggest failure that day No Wind.  I clipped pieces for the other video from this...and a couple places I repeat for music.

The Ocius Sul was a Treat to find out I could Half Axel Fade and Roll it up.  The Wind was gone or I would have finished the JL...

Last night I did my Best JL at the field with Mike's Solus std.  Left,right,left ,right,left right.... Getting to be real fun to do...
Actually seems sort of easy Now... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  Combo's are gonna look nice...

There is No Doubt that my fling with the Solus has improved my flying...  If it hadn't been for that I'd still be in the Dark Ages...
Started with Cascades...

The right Kite can make the difference ...

Jacob

Ocius Sul
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 12:31 PM by vertigo2u » Logged

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
PAW
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 01:59 PM »

You are pulling too hard, especially in the Jacob, when you want to go to fade again...farther, what you definatly have to change is, keep your hands near your body when your pulling. You move your arm towards the side, like aou want to show someone the way. This way you loose much input...hard for me to explain...Just try to be more gental and keep your inputs near the body...thanks for sharing...keep it up :-)
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 02:19 PM »

Nice!

Hi from the Dark Ages!   Huh

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
vertigo2u

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 04:21 PM »

Thanks Pete it's the same thing Devin told me...  Cheesy Cheesy.. I will work on it.  I just checked my red Sul and as I thought No Yo Yo stoppers.  I have them on my Blue Sul.

The kite still got me part way there.  The wind was almost gone.  But I will work on gentle inputs ...  Some of those JL's I really put some muscle in. I get excited when learning a new trick.  Was DAMN surprised to find out when in a Fade if you pull the lines it will Flip...  Huh Huh Huh

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
damp_weather

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2013, 04:01 AM »

Vertigo2u,

I'd like to say how much I enjoy and appreciate your frequent videos.  When you first started posting them I thought "What's the point?  There's nothing special or spectacular about them."  But with time they tell a story - a history of progress, and also more about the differences between kites as it is the same person flying them with little time elapsed between flights. 

With many of the better flyers' videos, one just sees a trick done perfectly.  - Which I haven't found that helpful when trying to improve.  Often they become just another dream to aspire to.
But with yours, because they come out regularly over time, we can learn the changes that make a trick better.  That's my hope anyway. 

Thanks again.
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2013, 12:13 PM »

Vertigo2u,

I'd like to say how much I enjoy and appreciate your frequent videos.  When you first started posting them I thought "What's the point?  There's nothing special or spectacular about them."  But with time they tell a story - a history of progress, and also more about the differences between kites as it is the same person flying them with little time elapsed between flights. 

With many of the better flyers' videos, one just sees a trick done perfectly.  - Which I haven't found that helpful when trying to improve.  Often they become just another dream to aspire to.
But with yours, because they come out regularly over time, we can learn the changes that make a trick better.  That's my hope anyway. 

Thanks again.

+1   Smiley

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
vertigo2u

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2013, 04:33 PM »

I spent some time looking at a lot of old footage. Then some stuff from mid July forward... 

Seems since I started to do Cascades.  My Axels are looking really nice.  Nice smooth rotation.  Even a number of double Axels. 

I looked at a number of vid's I have and saw the improvement started about the same period. 

No matter which Kite I am flying the same nice rotation.  I am sure it's the concept of finishing with the hands and input.  Probably didn't follow through enough.  Also I am going to have to move a lot quicker instead of standing still.  On many of the moves had I moved closer the "Slack" would have been there. ( No Crash).

What I have learned that RobB mentioned.  Taking advantage of the Fade if it's rolling when you see it.  If my Fades start to roll.  I go with it instead of fighting.  Even Pancake it to stabilize it for a moment then go for the trick.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document