Back quiver for kites?

Pages: (1/3) > >>

Makalu1:

I go out walking my dog and sometimes ride my bike and run her along side of me.  A lot of times on these walks I find myself wishing I had brought a dual line kite or 2 along.  How to carry a couple of kites while dog walking/biking?  I tried putting a couple in the bags our camp chairs came in and throwing it over one shoulder, but they have a tendency to creep around my back and eventually dump out the contents.  I thought of using a arrow back quiver but they don't make them very long (usually just 17-20 inches), not very long.

Has anyone else found a handy solution for this?  I just want to be able to grab one or 2 kites and a couple of dually lines and keep my hands free for tending to the dog or biking.

misterbleepy:

I made myself a shoulder strap with an adjustable loop at each end - I tighten the loops around 1, 2, or 3 kites, and then just sling them over my shoulder. Kite lines go in my pocket.

Keith B.

Hadge:

Level One kites make this:-

You just adjust the straps to fit around the kites you have and then adjust to fit over your shoulder.

I made one from some old 1" webbing strap and some old clips I had. If you;re interested I can post some pictures of the one I made and take some measurements.

thief:

On the bike just strap the kites to the horizontal top tube between your legs....it can stick out forward and backward without issue

tempest:

Quote from: misterbleepy on October 31, 2013, 11:36 PM
--
I made myself a shoulder strap with an adjustable loop at each end - I tighten the loops around 1, 2, or 3 kites, and then just sling them over my shoulder. Kite lines go in my pocket.

Keith B.

--

I made one similar to this , when i am going to the field on my bike instead of the bulky kite bag. Works great,and hands are free. 

Smooth and gentle winds. 

Pages: (1/3) > >>