GWTW Forum
October 20, 2014, 01:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Back quiver for kites?  (Read 2745 times)
Makalu1
Trade Count: (+1)

« on: October 31, 2013, 09:30 PM »

I go out walking my dog and sometimes ride my bike and run her along side of me.  A lot of times on these walks I find myself wishing I had brought a dual line kite or 2 along.  How to carry a couple of kites while dog walking/biking?  I tried putting a couple in the bags our camp chairs came in and throwing it over one shoulder, but they have a tendency to creep around my back and eventually dump out the contents.  I thought of using a arrow back quiver but they don't make them very long (usually just 17-20 inches), not very long.

Has anyone else found a handy solution for this?  I just want to be able to grab one or 2 kites and a couple of dually lines and keep my hands free for tending to the dog or biking.

Scott Madsen
misterbleepy
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 11:36 PM »

I made myself a shoulder strap with an adjustable loop at each end - I tighten the loops around 1, 2, or 3 kites, and then just sling them over my shoulder. Kite lines go in my pocket.

Keith B.

Keith B...   ...leep     bleep     bleep
Hadge
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 01:34 AM »

Level One kites make this:-

You just adjust the straps to fit around the kites you have and then adjust to fit over your shoulder.

I made one from some old 1" webbing strap and some old clips I had. If you;re interested I can post some pictures of the one I made and take some measurements.

Age and cunning will always overcome youth and skill!

In the bag - HQ Shadow, Prism 4D, Flying Wings Soul Mid Vent, HQ Jive (1), Spiderkites Zodarion, 'Paw' modded HQ Maestro ll, HQ Delta Hawk.
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 04:44 AM »

On the bike just strap the kites to the horizontal top tube between your legs....it can stick out forward and backward without issue

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
tempest
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 06:29 AM »

I made myself a shoulder strap with an adjustable loop at each end - I tighten the loops around 1, 2, or 3 kites, and then just sling them over my shoulder. Kite lines go in my pocket.

Keith B.

I made one similar to this , when i am going to the field on my bike instead of the bulky kite bag. Works great,and hands are free. 

Smooth and gentle winds. 
sunsetflyers
Trade Count: (+78)

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 04:08 PM »

just get an hq symphony great dual line comes in a fanny pack and a great kite to let people to try nothing to break

Steve & Sherri
stapp59
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 09:26 PM »

A foil is cheating  Cheesy.  A Rev bag will carry several kites broken down and won't dump the contents.  A plastic telescoping 3" tube from the drafting store will carry a couple of kites and could be strapped to the bike top tube.

Steve in Indiana
http://picasaweb.google.com/stapp59

Fly so it looks like you meant it
skb
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2014, 10:41 PM »

A number of us use Field Hockey bags. Mine has 6 Revs in, 4 sets of lines & handles with room for camera, .mp3 player and spare parts.

They have a number of sizes available from about $20 and up.

I use it when I ride down to the field on my bike. Mine is long enough to hold a Rev II folded down, which is about 36" long, so there's enough room for most broken-down dual liners.

Sent from my '09 laptop using Hunt 'n' Peck 2.1
stapp59
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2014, 05:47 AM »

Those look nice Steve.  Thanks for the tip...

A number of us use Field Hockey bags. Mine has 6 Revs in, 4 sets of lines & handles with room for camera, .mp3 player and spare parts.

They have a number of sizes available from about $20 and up.

I use it when I ride down to the field on my bike. Mine is long enough to hold a Rev II folded down, which is about 36" long, so there's enough room for most broken-down dual liners.

Steve in Indiana
http://picasaweb.google.com/stapp59

Fly so it looks like you meant it
temoniprince
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2014, 07:07 AM »

Find your self a prism Zypher case......
northwavesailor
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2014, 08:57 AM »

Thanks to a earlier post by SKB, we snagged a Gryphon field hockey stick bag for our Revs. It has nicely padded shoulder straps and pockets for handles and other items. The Rev bag is nice but at 3-4 times the cost.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 09:00 AM by northwavesailor » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change