GWTW Forum
May 24, 2019, 12:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: With regrets ... the Forum is closing permanently on JUNE 8th
to contact us email: kitekid@gmail.com

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Back quiver for kites?  (Read 11462 times)
Makalu1
Trade Count: (+1)

« on: October 31, 2013, 09:30 PM »

I go out walking my dog and sometimes ride my bike and run her along side of me.  A lot of times on these walks I find myself wishing I had brought a dual line kite or 2 along.  How to carry a couple of kites while dog walking/biking?  I tried putting a couple in the bags our camp chairs came in and throwing it over one shoulder, but they have a tendency to creep around my back and eventually dump out the contents.  I thought of using a arrow back quiver but they don't make them very long (usually just 17-20 inches), not very long.

Has anyone else found a handy solution for this?  I just want to be able to grab one or 2 kites and a couple of dually lines and keep my hands free for tending to the dog or biking.

Scott Madsen
misterbleepy
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 11:36 PM »

I made myself a shoulder strap with an adjustable loop at each end - I tighten the loops around 1, 2, or 3 kites, and then just sling them over my shoulder. Kite lines go in my pocket.

Keith B.

Keith B...   ...leep     bleep     bleep
Hadge
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 01:34 AM »

Level One kites make this:-

You just adjust the straps to fit around the kites you have and then adjust to fit over your shoulder.

I made one from some old 1" webbing strap and some old clips I had. If you;re interested I can post some pictures of the one I made and take some measurements.

Age and cunning will always overcome youth and skill!

In the bag - HQ Shadow, Prism 4D, Flying Wings Soul Mid Vent, HQ Jive (1), Spiderkites Zodarion, 'Paw' modded HQ Maestro ll, HQ Delta Hawk.
thief
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+30)

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 04:44 AM »

On the bike just strap the kites to the horizontal top tube between your legs....it can stick out forward and backward without issue

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
tempest
Trade Count: (+11)

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 06:29 AM »

I made myself a shoulder strap with an adjustable loop at each end - I tighten the loops around 1, 2, or 3 kites, and then just sling them over my shoulder. Kite lines go in my pocket.

Keith B.

I made one similar to this , when i am going to the field on my bike instead of the bulky kite bag. Works great,and hands are free. 

Smooth and gentle winds. 
sunsetflyers
Trade Count: (+93)

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 04:08 PM »

just get an hq symphony great dual line comes in a fanny pack and a great kite to let people to try nothing to break

Steve & Sherri
stapp59
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 09:26 PM »

A foil is cheating  Cheesy.  A Rev bag will carry several kites broken down and won't dump the contents.  A plastic telescoping 3" tube from the drafting store will carry a couple of kites and could be strapped to the bike top tube.
stapp59
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 05:47 AM »

Those look nice Steve.  Thanks for the tip...

A number of us use Field Hockey bags. Mine has 6 Revs in, 4 sets of lines & handles with room for camera, .mp3 player and spare parts.

They have a number of sizes available from about $20 and up.

I use it when I ride down to the field on my bike. Mine is long enough to hold a Rev II folded down, which is about 36" long, so there's enough room for most broken-down dual liners.
temoniprince
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2014, 07:07 AM »

Find your self a prism Zypher case......
northwavesailor
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2014, 08:57 AM »

Thanks to a earlier post by SKB, we snagged a Gryphon field hockey stick bag for our Revs. It has nicely padded shoulder straps and pockets for handles and other items. The Rev bag is nice but at 3-4 times the cost.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 09:00 AM by northwavesailor » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: