GWTW Forum
November 28, 2014, 07:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JB for a Weekend...  (Read 571 times)
Kitelife
Trade Count: (+2)

« on: November 01, 2013, 12:36 AM »

Hi all, got a pretty fun raffle going and Steve has been kind enough to let me post it over here. Smiley

"Have your very own JB for a 3-day weekend!"

Basically, I will cover the flight anywhere in mainland US (using miles) on a mutually agreed date (any season), and quite literally be somebody's (or a group's) kite monkey, house cleaner, workshop presenter, personal trainer, or simple arm candy for all three days, share me around or keep the fun all to yourself... Minimum requirement would be a couch or floor space and a sleeping bag, kids and pets okay, I'm not picky. lol

All-day access, three days to pick my brain, learn and play, solo or team, dual or quad, indoor or outdoor, water flying, urban kiting, dogstake, competition skills, you name it, hang out, drink a little wine, name anything (legal and platonic) that we can fit into three days and I'd genuinely love to share it with you.

Entry into this raffle is $5 per ticket, open to mainland US only (lots of miles to go abroad), unless an International participant is willing to cover the airfare, under the same terms otherwise... Would really like to sell at least 200 tickets, but it is what it is and worst case, it would be three days of kiting fun. Cheesy

I know I can deliver way more than expected, and quite happily, worth every penny...

Some of the ideas and humor that have been thrown around thus far...

It'll be like winning a college student for 3 days.

How do you feel about mending broken fences? Are you good with hand tools? Any experience with clearing fields of prickly cactus? How are you at catching/subduing rattlesnakes? Ever use a hand-plow?

Will be the best $5 I ever spent if I win muuuhahaha

Maybe if I win I'll give one of the days to our one-day northern Indiana kite festival to have John perform and take the other two for personal coaching.

The wife and I are working really hard to try and raise funds for a reliable car, been slow going with so much time and resource dedicated to keeping all of this rolling and no desire to be "profiteers" (i.e. no "shady deals" or overly aggressive marketing)... Once we're mobile, the roof will blow off our greater efforts with regular access to the coast - more video tutorials (got well over 100 more on the scratch board), clinics, presence at events, and just better mental health for having proper mobility.

==

If you're interested in my bio, you can find it here.

==

Drawing day is November 12th, 2013
Again, actual prize delivery must be on a mutually agreed date (any season), via any major airport in the lower 48 US States.

By purchasing tickets, you acknowledge that you understand the terms above.

Join in now - $5 each!

Thanks so much everyone (to Steve and Chris as well), this is really exciting - your support and help is profoundly appreciated! Smiley

John Barresi
Editor/Publisher
Kitelife Magazine
Dano
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 06:49 PM »

A chance to make you my kite monkey for $5.00 ??

Hellya, i'll get in on this!   Cool
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum