GWTW Forum
October 24, 2014, 04:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Emong versus Zero G  (Read 4066 times)
Bob D
Trade Count: (+1)

« on: November 03, 2013, 04:31 AM »

I'm having trouble getting my Emong to glide. Other posts suggested adjusting the tow settings to prevent diving. I see that Steve still has Zero Gs for sale. The video shows them flying like a glider plane and that's what I was hoping for with the Emong.

Two questions:
Does the Emong take a lot of practice to learn to fly? I don't mind a challenge but I wish it were easier to learn.

Is the Zero G as easy to fly as the video suggests? I'm thinking that the Zero G might be a lot of fun.

Bob D.
larryg4me
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 04:52 AM »

I have the Zero G and i am having lots of trouble with it as a zero wind glider, its not an easy flyer in my mind.  i also have the Flying Wings Laima Bird and love it, very easy to fly ...
thief
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 05:31 AM »

The plutz is a much better glider than then the emong.....a much more funky look to it as well.
I had found that the emong dove quite often as well...and maybe because of the amount of sail area it was very hard to recover outside a walk of shame.....
the plutz will recover much better...and if it does end up on the ground pivot around to relaunch quite nicely too...

« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 07:18 AM by thief » Logged

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 05:57 AM »

I have a zero g and it glides very well. It may take some tweaking to get what you want with multiple adjustment points.  I also have a chiropetra by will sturdy, also a great glider

Sine Metu!
coogee

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 10:39 AM »

I have a ZG and love it, great fun!

I also have an urban ninja and ended up with 8 grams of lead on the nose to get it tuned to my liking it is also fun and flies in very low breeze but does not glide as well as the ZG.

Mike
thief

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 10:52 AM »

and just to make it more fun...the BiPlutz will be available in very limited amounts too......

funky funky shape with wonderful xUL flying!

Bob D
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, 11:58 AM »

Is it possible to make the Emong glide better or is it just practice?

And the BiPlutz: how's the gliding?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 12:00 PM by Bob D » Logged

Bob D.
donaldrke
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2013, 02:38 PM »

The Emong is a great kite, easier to turn then most. works better on a shorter line. Fly with a rod and 25' line. A good kite to teach anyone about gliding kites. Can Hand to someone and in about 15 minutes they have full control.

Donald
Got Wind? kite Club

Member of Got Wind?
Donald
KaoS
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2013, 03:33 PM »

And the BiPlutz: how's the gliding?

Amazingly good!  We were using one like a paper airplane in the hotel lobby in Bintulu.  It just goes on forever

Kevin Sanders

Willunga, South Australia
jecko

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2013, 07:07 PM »

I have a variation of the Platz. Its not a Mega Plutz, almost the same size. Glide as good. Its GX. :-)
coogee

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2013, 12:49 PM »

Wow really like the Bi Plutz and Jecko's glider looks great ... once you get a liking for the glider kites they can be awesome fun. Nothing like throwing up a kite that will just keep going in not enough breeze to fly any thing else.... absorbing and relaxing. Love the early morning with the light land breeze for the ZG.

Mike
Danceswithwinds

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2013, 04:20 PM »

I have both and have no problem with either, indoors or out . Emong glides further with less spine tension and I can fly mine outside on 100+ft line with ease in 1-2 mph wind, I use light Climax line on both. I find the Emong  better in smaller indoor spaces than the Zero G. If you are flying indoors check out a Karl Longbottom Petrodactyl , great fun flyer.
donaldrke
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2013, 04:37 PM »

Check out this emong Video

Emong testing

Donald

Member of Got Wind?
Donald
thief

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2013, 04:44 PM »

If you are flying indoors check out a Karl Longbottom Petrodactyl , great fun flyer.
The pterodactyls are top notch...i like the large more than the standard size...but have you tried the 6-81?
he he he he he he he he h

ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2013, 05:31 PM »

the only glider I have ever flown is Marcos Zero-G. After 2 min. of instruction (and he had only flown it twice) I was having a blast granted it was lab grade maybe 1mph max but it was REALLY easy to fly.. WAY floaty

have fun kurt
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change