GWTW Forum
November 21, 2014, 04:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Emong versus Zero G  (Read 4449 times)
thief
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2013, 05:40 PM »

Ko why have you not gotten your own yet? Wink
The holiday season is coming you know......
Wish lists work!!!!!

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2013, 06:25 PM »

If you are flying indoors check out a Karl Longbottom Petrodactyl , great fun flyer.
The pterodactyls are top notch...i like the large more than the standard size...but have you tried the 6-81?
he he he he he he he he h
6-81?
61/49? I have one of these as well but it's more of 1-2 mph kite at minimum for me

Sine Metu!
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2013, 06:36 PM »

Rob.. I just may have to do that.. I do not think you can go wrong with that kind of price. Buuuuut I do like unique so I will keep watching this for ideas. I did not enjoy fighters but gliders seem to be very Zen like

have fun kurt
thief

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2013, 06:37 PM »

Nope.....Karl makes a 6-81....stiffer frame than the pterodactyl with some neat design tweaks....this is one more reason I like the large pterodactyl more than the small one.....the 6-81 replaced the small one in my bag......
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 06:39 PM by thief » Logged

Doug S
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2013, 03:50 PM »

You could always build one yourself. Grin  The attached picture is of my Rapere Canard Kite.  Reply #73 at the following link takes you to the post under the Kite Building and Repair Section of this Forum, which provides the links to download the plans and construction pictures for two sizes of the Rapere.

http://www.gwtwforum.com/index.php?topic=8850.60

If you have any questions, just send me a PM.

Later,

Doug

[attachment deleted by admin]

"We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public."
Doug S

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2013, 08:15 PM »

Here is a picture of the Rapere on the climb.

Doug

[attachment deleted by admin]

"We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public."
Bob D
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2013, 04:10 AM »

Doug knows what he's talking about. I've seen his kites and he's quite the XUL builder!

Bob D.
Danceswithwinds

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2013, 01:34 PM »

If you are flying indoors check out a Karl Longbottom Petrodactyl , great fun flyer.
The pterodactyls are top notch...i like the large more than the standard size...but have you tried the 6-81?
Not as yet but will be flying with Karl next Sunday at an indoor get together so hoping he will bring some and may be something new. Problem is that these doo`s can get costly,as we all know that enough kites is one more than you have!!!!!! Grin
thief

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2013, 10:49 AM »

Not as yet but will be flying with Karl next Sunday at an indoor get together so hoping he will bring some and may be something new. Problem is that these doo`s can get costly,as we all know that enough kites is one more than you have!!!!!! Grin

he he he he he....i told Karl that he needs to bring a couple extra 6-81s for you to choose from....

Danceswithwinds

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2013, 04:19 PM »

he he he he he....i told Karl that he needs to bring a couple extra 6-81s for you to choose from....
He said you had been in contact. Well I managed not to buy a 6-81, unfortunately he brought his new 7-81,money spent.Also a Brazilian Pipi found a home in my bag. I`m easily swayed. The 7-81 is a beautiful flyier and controlable,I have only been flying single lne kites for a year and this was my third indoor session. I am a long time two and four liner so still learning the lighter touch.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHipWymQCSE
thief

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2013, 06:45 PM »

Well done Tim well done.
Why did you choose a 7 over a 6?
You will love the pipa to!!!!

Danceswithwinds

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2013, 02:24 AM »

Thanks. I chose it because it worked for me and felt comfortable straight away, it was fun from the off. I find I that a kite must either feel right to me or  be something  of a challenge eg. Flexifoil L7, Utopia or Andy Wardley/Tim Benson Airbow ( I know more than 1 line). New  challenge always good (Pipa).
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 09:55 AM by Danceswithwinds » Logged
Bob S
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2014, 05:25 AM »

My vote goes to zero g, what fun. I have just started flying again after a two year break. Ordered the zero a few months back and within 15 mins I was out flying and it would glide forever.

On a side note. The winders seem weak, during shipment the box was smashed an only damage was winder broken. Then just last week a load shift in my car snapped the replacement winder. A quick email to prism and two replacements in a couple days. Luv them guys.

Bob
coogee

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2014, 03:49 PM »

I really like the ZG and recently have been playing with the Mega Plutz from Ceewan. Super cool kite and really striking in the sky. Sky Shark tubes, Icky sail.... great bit of kit.

Mike
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum