GWTW Forum
April 16, 2014, 12:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Superfly UL  (Read 3078 times)
misterbleepy
Trade Count: (0)

« on: November 07, 2013, 03:38 PM »

Sorry direct links for non sponsors of the forum are not allowed.....-thief.

Keith B.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 03:50 PM by thief » Logged

Keith B...   ...leep     bleep     bleep
jaydub

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 11:25 PM »

Ooooooooh.  Contentious Keith.  I think the thought police may remove the link. Wink

When the link goes and Keiths post doesn't make any sense, the news is that the Benson built, Goff designed SuperFly UL was released yesterday. Smiley
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 05:36 PM »

Out of total respect for Mr. Benson, we have not removed the link.....so far.  Smiley

Il Duce.

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 07:44 PM »

Out of total respect for Mr. Benson, we have not removed the link.....so far.  Smiley

Il Duce.

wonder why Mr Benson never ponied up for an advertisement like others.......not exactly fair to Steve.........Tim gets a good business of this forum....

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
alien

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 09:58 PM »

A FORBIDDEN TABOO,plus shipping......... Sad
The Ferrari of sport kites....... Cool
Or should i say The McLaren of Super kites!

Tongue
A trip to China is needed for us,"The Poor Drooling Hordes!"

Kiss

« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 10:04 PM by alien » Logged
misterbleepy

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 07:15 AM »

Il Duce.

Thank you :-)

chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 12:13 PM »

Norm,

Are you upset that I have total respect for Mr. Benson?

or

Are you upset that the link wasn't removed.

How many Superfly kites do you think will be sold here as a result of the link being left in?

Technically, yes, it ought to be removed.

Morally, I'm inclined to give Mr. B a small, early Christmas present.

Although, if another moderator were to remove it, I understand.

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
harveystubbs
Trade Count: (+8)

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 12:25 PM »

Il Duce.

Thank you :-)

+1 and fully deserved. Plus a trained monkey can type 'benson kites' into google so what's the big deal in this instance Cool
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 04:26 PM »

while i certainly respect mr benson for his design and construction abilities, i lost all respect for him, his business, and mr goff when i made a request to build a superfly with fluorescent yellow wingtips to accommodate my genetic retinal disease with kite i could see. he and mr goff declined because grey wingtips were 'part of the kites identity'.

to me it really hurt and i felt for the first time, being discriminated against based on my medical condition. certainly not the birthday gift i was hoping for.

yes it's a first world problem, but my stinging lesson; discrimination hurts no matter the context.

Fdeli
alien

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2013, 10:20 PM »

Hmmm,
how about a generic (over the counter) UL with yellow wingtips?
In stores SOON!

Tongue
misterbleepy

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2013, 10:47 PM »

I apologise for posting the direct link - I honestly thought that as Steve only sold Prism kites now, and because the kite in question is only available from one place, that the direct link would be OK.

I was wrong, sorry.

Keith B.

jaydub

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2013, 04:21 AM »

I can see both sides of this.

I agree with Harv that you can find the inormation so easily by enetering Benson Superfly UL in Google, that it makes little or no sense not to allow direct links.

On the other hand, is there any reason why we shouldn't give Steve and the sponsors who actually fund this forum a very minor competitive advantage by allowing only them to have direct links.

I don't actually believe any of this makes any difference to the kites any forum user might buy, but if the rules are there it makes sense to play to them.

Not sure a public apology is really required though, Keith.

YMMV.
harveystubbs
Trade Count: (+8)

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2013, 10:42 AM »

Norm,

Are you upset that I have total respect for Mr. Benson?

or

Are you upset that the link wasn't removed.

How many Superfly kites do you think will be sold here as a result of the link being left in?

Technically, yes, it ought to be removed.

Morally, I'm inclined to give Mr. B a small, early Christmas present.

Although, if another moderator were to remove it, I understand.
It was only my opinion.  Wink Why all the questions?  Roll Eyes Do I need to retain a lawyer?  Cheesy  Cheesy

That's a very American answer  Wink
jaydub

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2013, 09:23 AM »

but if the rules are there it makes sense to play to them.
I'm sure NONE of you taught your kids that rules are made to be broken.  Wink
No, but mine were taught to evaluate which rules had to be obeyed (e.g. laws) and which they could make an informed value judgement on. Wink
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2013, 01:29 PM »

while i certainly respect mr benson for his design and construction abilities, i lost all respect for him, his business, and mr goff when i made a request to build a superfly with fluorescent yellow wingtips to accommodate my genetic retinal disease with kite i could see. he and mr goff declined because grey wingtips were 'part of the kites identity'.

to me it really hurt and i felt for the first time, being discriminated against based on my medical condition. certainly not the birthday gift i was hoping for.

yes it's a first world problem, but my stinging lesson; discrimination hurts no matter the context.

Tim has always had a policy of not building a kite with a color scheme he didn't like or that strayed from the original design too much so don't feel too bad since your not the only one he has turned down over the years.  Thats one reason I like dealing with Jon at sky burner.  IF you want one of his kites in a special color scheme, even if its not within the colorizer limits he will usually do it if its possible.  Tim is a good guy but he does stick to his aesthetic ideals when it comes to kites though he has strayed on occasion.  YOu do have a good reason and I don't see why he won't do it if you really need it done that way but it is Chris' design so he probably has final say.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography