GWTW Forum
September 01, 2014, 07:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Friday Night Fly Las Vegas  (Read 1350 times)
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« on: June 20, 2009, 02:38 AM »

No text yet. But got some nice shots of the Ichiban and Reprise together starting with hyperlinked photo below: (Goodnight)

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 03:31 AM »

hot, cold, low wind, high wind ... always a good time. not once have i failed to thoroughly enjoy myself.

getting to see the ichiban and reprise flying together was a particular treat. thanks a bunch ian and kent for providing such a spectacle.  Shocked

i wouldn't have guessed it, but man was the geo tracker cool. pictures don't do it justice. nothing 'bout your pics john, but the scale, shape, and overall impressiveness in the sky would be nigh impossible to capture adequately. one needs to see it to behold it.

ahh (sigh), another friday night; she has come, she has gone. yet as always , she leaves me wanting more.

the only regrets i have about friday nights is i never get to spend as much time talking to a few people as i'd like. this week it was ian.  Sad

i'm already looking forward to next week.

Fdeli
MtnFlyer
Trade Count: (+50)

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 08:11 AM »

Arghhh... that looks like another great fly. I was out there for a continuing ed conference this past Sun-Wed but, because of the economy, I had to shorten the planned trip and flew out early Sunday and home late Wed. I had a couple of Revs with me but, after about 12 hour days ending at 7 or 8, I didn't even get out to Sunset Park this year.  Sad  Last year John was kind enough to meet me there late one night for some air time. As we flew east Wed evening, I was thinking about you guys while I tried to pick out the park area from the air.

Next year it's again in LV. I'll have to try to come out early for Friday night, and bring my Ichibans, too.  Tongue

Bob
Dano

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 09:45 AM »

...ahh (sigh), another friday night; she has come, she has gone. yet as always , she leaves me wanting more.

the only regrets i have about friday nights is i never get to spend as much time talking to a few people as i'd like. this week it was ian.  Sad

At least you were there!  Wink
Looks like it was another good time.
ainokea
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 10:54 AM »

MtnFlyer, that would be very cool if you brought your Ichiban and we all could fly our kites together.  Smiley

Dano, don't mean to rub it in but, it was a very fun night flying. The wind picked up big time after a while and it kinda got balistic.

Darren, sorry I didn't get to talk to you last night, but don't worry, I'll be there friday night.  Smiley

And John, hehehe, sorry for giving you a hard time last night. But trying to hold a SLK still in the kind of winds last night wasn't easy. 
I suck at flying a fighter and the Reprise was kinda like one.  Smiley And you're right, the pictures did come out great, thanks for putting up with me and Kent!  Smiley

Take a S.W.A.G. at it.
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, 11:27 AM »

The Geo Pointer (I thought it was Geo Tracker) is probably the most difficult kite to show it's size and beauty in a photograph.

This was taken of Jon at KP7.

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
fidelio

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2009, 12:22 PM »

after looking around a little, looks like you made the best pics of that kite so far. good on ya' j. also looks like it's supposed to point at the ground but i gotta say, i liked it a lot flying as a sled. granted in the near gale force winds we had last night there wasn't an option, but i was diggin it splayed out.

"Mostly sunny and windy. Highs 102 to 104. South wind 10 to 15 mph with gusts to around 30 mph increasing to 20 to 30 mph with gusts to around 40 mph in the afternoon." - today's forecast (for real)

i wonder if anyone makes a kite which is ALL vents?  Cheesy
shall we bridle a screen door?   Grin

Fdeli
ainokea
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2009, 12:24 PM »

after looking around a little, looks like you made the best pics of that kite so far. good on ya' j. also looks like it's supposed to point at the ground but i gotta say, i liked it a lot flying as a sled. granted in the near gale force winds we had last night there wasn't an option, but i was diggin it splayed out.

"Mostly sunny and windy. Highs 102 to 104. South wind 10 to 15 mph with gusts to around 30 mph increasing to 20 to 30 mph with gusts to around 40 mph in the afternoon." - today's forecast (for real)

i wonder if anyone makes a kite which is ALL vents?  Cheesy
shall we bridle a screen door?   Grin

Bridle it right and it'll fly.  Smiley

Take a S.W.A.G. at it.
MtnFlyer
Trade Count: (+50)

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2009, 04:31 PM »

These might help give you a sense of the size, though I'm not sure how they actually compare to each other...

AKA 2007 Ocean Shores

AKA 2008 Gettysburg

Bob
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document