What is happening at TSA

(1/2) > >>

kiteking:
OK, I'm in Portland waiting for my flight to Medford to complete my trip from Florida. I walk past a security check point and a guy walks out of there with a back pack on that has two (broken down) ski poles, the spike ends are sticking up in the air fully visible. I remember this past August when I had a plastic tent stake confiscated from my Symphony pack.

Now, I know they just started letting you to keep your small electronics powered during take-off and landing but has TSA changed their rules, or does it depend on where you clear security??

Stuart99:
TSA is a joke--trying to predict what they are going to do will just give you a headache.

indigo_wolf:
TSA - security theater at its finest.

Followed by.....

"But, there is some good news this holiday season: You can now carry on small snow globes, as long as they are put in those plastic bags along with your other small bottles of liquids.

Snow globes smaller than a tennis ball are now OK to bring onboard a plane, and, by the way, so are pies and fruitcakes. But not jars of jam or jelly or cranberry sauce over 3.4 ounces. They must be put in your checked luggage."

Yes, there is a surprising amount of ambiguity and latitude depending on your point of departure and who is on duty.

ATB,
Sam

tcope:
http://blog.tsa.gov/2013/03/tsa-prohibited-items-list-changing_5.html

The implementation of the change has been delayed, but when implemented, the following items will be permitted:

Small Pocket Knives Small knives with non-locking blades smaller than 2.36 inches and less than 1/2 inch in width will be permitted
Small Novelty Bats and Toy Bats
Ski Poles
Hockey Sticks
Lacrosse Sticks
Billiard Cues
Golf Clubs (Limit Two)

This is part of an overall Risk-Based Security approach, which allows Transportation Security Officers to better focus their efforts on finding higher threat items such as explosives. This decision aligns TSA more closely with International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) standards.

DGomberg:
Boarding flights is getting easier. With Pre-Check you don't even need to take shoes off or computers out.

But bags are as difficult as ever. They routinely open larger checked bags and take stuff out to poke around. If you are tightly packed (and who isn't??) they can't seem to get it all back in.

On my recent flight to Cape Town, they broke the zipper and simply fastened the tension clips. Airline added some tape to keep things together. No apology and no response to my letters. not happy...

David

[attachment deleted by admin]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page