2014 Treasure Island Sport Kite Competition & Kite Festival
(1/6) > >>
Jared:
Join Windworks and the Eastern League in Treasure Island, Florida, January 18-20th, 2014 for the 17th Annual Treasure Island Kite Festival and Sport Kite Competition!

Full details are available on the Eastern League website: http://easternleague.net/TISKC

Revs at Sunset by alloyjared, on Flickr
photogbill:
Hey Jared! I was just talking to another TI Alumni earlier today about not seeing anything about the TI event yet on the forum. You must have read our minds ....LOL
Hope to be there agin this year!
justinpwheeler:
Just moved to the area and this is on my to do list. 

As for the competition, I'm not really into competing but want to do some flying.  Is there an area set up that I can bring my own stuff and fly? 
tcope:
The "area" is miles and miles of beach. There are usually 2-3 flying fields that are roped off but other than that, you can fly anywhere... and people do. There is never an issue with room/space and no one should have an issue with you flying.
Jared:
Quote from: justinpwheeler on November 27, 2013, 03:38 AM

Just moved to the area and this is on my to do list. 

As for the competition, I'm not really into competing but want to do some flying.  Is there an area set up that I can bring my own stuff and fly? 

Definitely!  The beach is open to everyone, and the roped off areas are just to A) keep spectators safe from competitors, and B) keep big kites safe from spectators.  If you're a single/dual/quad line flyer and would like the chance to fly a demo for the crowd in the roped off field, just let us know -- you'll have to sign a waiver if you're not an AKA member, but other than that, it's wide open.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page