GWTW Forum
September 20, 2014, 11:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2014 Treasure Island Sport Kite Competition & Kite Festival  (Read 4291 times)
Jared
Trade Count: (+9)

« on: November 23, 2013, 04:25 PM »

Join Windworks and the Eastern League in Treasure Island, Florida, January 18-20th, 2014 for the 17th Annual Treasure Island Kite Festival and Sport Kite Competition!

Full details are available on the Eastern League website: http://easternleague.net/TISKC

Revs at Sunset by alloyjared, on Flickr
photogbill
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 02:38 PM »

Hey Jared! I was just talking to another TI Alumni earlier today about not seeing anything about the TI event yet on the forum. You must have read our minds ....LOL
Hope to be there agin this year!
justinpwheeler
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 03:38 AM »

Just moved to the area and this is on my to do list. 

As for the competition, I'm not really into competing but want to do some flying.  Is there an area set up that I can bring my own stuff and fly? 
tcope
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 05:15 AM »

The "area" is miles and miles of beach. There are usually 2-3 flying fields that are roped off but other than that, you can fly anywhere... and people do. There is never an issue with room/space and no one should have an issue with you flying.

Todd Copeland
Member of T.I.S.K.K
Memeber of Utah Kite Fliers
http://www.utahkitefliers.org
Jared

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 09:54 AM »

Just moved to the area and this is on my to do list. 

As for the competition, I'm not really into competing but want to do some flying.  Is there an area set up that I can bring my own stuff and fly? 

Definitely!  The beach is open to everyone, and the roped off areas are just to A) keep spectators safe from competitors, and B) keep big kites safe from spectators.  If you're a single/dual/quad line flyer and would like the chance to fly a demo for the crowd in the roped off field, just let us know -- you'll have to sign a waiver if you're not an AKA member, but other than that, it's wide open.
Imafloater
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 03:59 PM »

Being a local flyer in Central Florida the only limit to what you can fly at TI is the size of your luggage.  We've been able to fly everything from minis to show kites with no problem, beach is very wide and seems to go on forever.  Looking forward to seeing lot's of folks for this great festival.
sunsetflyers
Trade Count: (+76)

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 06:29 PM »

this is a great festival lots and lots of room great weather and great people me and my wife were involved with this festival for about 10 years always a great time a very personal kite festival anyone who has been will atest to that and if tampa bay kiting has anything to do with it you know it will be a great time plenty of room to fly anything from huge show kites to trains arches and anything else in between alot of people used to buggy on this beach it is huge miles of pristine beach and it is very deep when u step on sand its about 1000 ft till u hit water big beach all around great weather who doesnt want to be in florida in january when rest of country is freezing snowin and just not fun to be flying mant times you can fly in shorts and t shirts some days it gets cold low 55 real cold for here but still much better than snow and 25 degrees   

we will be there steve and sherri

Steve & Sherri
tcope
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 09:46 PM »

and if tampa bay kiting has anything to do with it you know it will be a great time

Steve... I almost have to call you on this one.

But I know what you mean.  Smiley

Truth is... if Steve and Sherri had anything to do with it... it would be great, no doubt.

Todd Copeland
Member of T.I.S.K.K
Memeber of Utah Kite Fliers
http://www.utahkitefliers.org
sunsetflyers
Trade Count: (+76)

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2013, 03:38 PM »

i know todd was trying not to badmou anything or anyone and promote festival it has been awsome in past years and i hope it doesnt fade away they have there problrms but the beach is great and most of people are great to bad my mom cant cook for everybody anymore that was one of the things that made it so personal but joe has put a stop to that

Steve & Sherri
John Lutter
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2013, 09:49 PM »

I believe this festival is being completely run by Joe at Windworks (and his volunteers/staff). I'm sure that Kiting Tampa Bay will be there to support, as well as other kite clubs in the area.

It is a great event regardless of who's running it.

John Lutter
Chief Kite Pusher @ Kite Stop (http://www.kitestop.com)
President @ American Kitefliers Association (http://kite.org)
photogbill

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2014, 03:00 PM »

I thought someone here might be interested in a post I just made to share the case I discovered for traveling with my kites by plane:

http://www.gwtwforum.com/index.php?topic=10640.0
photogbill

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2014, 07:46 AM »

Hmm, dangerous day to get one's hopes up.

I see this is your first post on the forum! It seems a little strange ....of all the subjects/threads you could possibly comment on ....you chose this one? Care to explain why?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 07:49 AM by photogbill » Logged
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2014, 10:49 AM »

I have removed the post and banned the user. not sure exactly what the game is but people who register and immediately make a nonsense post are inevitably spammers.

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
Jared

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2014, 11:18 AM »

I have removed the post and banned the user. not sure exactly what the game is but people who register and immediately make a nonsense post are inevitably spammers.

At least there's interest in TISKC! 
photogbill

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2014, 06:13 PM »

Thanks Steve!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document