GWTW Forum
April 16, 2014, 12:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2014 Treasure Island Sport Kite Competition & Kite Festival  (Read 2444 times)
photogbill
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2014, 06:17 PM »

I have removed the post and banned the user. not sure exactly what the game is but people who register and immediately make a nonsense post are inevitably spammers.

At least there's interest in TISKC! 

Hey Jared, it's less than a week now ....I'm getting psyched! Really looking forward to it! I'm glad the cold wave was affecting 90% of the country has passed! Do you have any idea ...based on those who have contacted you ...how many people are planning on attending this year? About same as last year?
Jared
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2014, 09:23 PM »

Hey Jared, it's less than a week now ....I'm getting psyched! Really looking forward to it! I'm glad the cold wave was affecting 90% of the country has passed! Do you have any idea ...based on those who have contacted you ...how many people are planning on attending this year? About same as last year?

For competitors, we're in line with the last 3-4 years, should be a good turnout.  I'm also getting more emails & phone calls from people coming to watch than I received last year.  I'm getting excited!
photogbill

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2014, 09:36 PM »

For competitors, we're in line with the last 3-4 years, should be a good turnout.  I'm also getting more emails & phone calls from people coming to watch than I received last year.  I'm getting excited!

That's good news! The more the merrier! It's a big beach!
John Lutter
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2014, 09:49 AM »

I've been posting this around lately... Here is a video I did back in 2009... just to wet your appetite for this weekend!

Treasure Island Kite Festival 2009

John Lutter
Chief Kite Pusher @ Kite Stop (http://www.kitestop.com)
President @ American Kitefliers Association (http://kite.org)
photogbill

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2014, 10:15 AM »

I've been posting this around lately... Here is a video I did back in 2009... just to wet your appetite for this weekend!

Treasure Island Kite Festival 2009

Mission accomplished!  Grin
Jared

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2014, 10:57 AM »

Great article from the Beach Beacon about the upcoming event: http://www.tbnweekly.com/editorial/local_entertainment/festivals/content_articles/011314_lefest-01.txt
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2014, 11:24 AM »

ooo...some BAD typos in that article...

Some bad typos in that article...

....are Dennis Smith of Jew Jersey....

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Jared

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2014, 11:30 AM »

ooo...some BAD typos in that article...

Some bad typos in that article...

....are Dennis Smith of Jew Jersey....

I had to double check what I had sent, and it's definitely not my typo!  Guess we're getting some idea how Floridians view the north?
Jared

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2014, 12:26 PM »

Just a quick reminder for everyone; one of the big points of contention with the festival this year is "no cars on the beach."  In order to keep our good relationship with the City of Treasure Island and the state of Florida, we will be honoring their wishes to keep all motor vehicles off the beach.  I sincerely appreciate everyone's cooperation on this matter, since we want to keep coming back to TI every January for years to come!
justinpwheeler
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2014, 12:16 PM »

Looks like the wind will be kicking this weekend.  This cold front coming through tonight is not ideal. 
justinpwheeler

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2014, 12:24 PM »

If anyone is around Friday, I might sneak out of work early and come fly if I can. 
Jared

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2014, 08:44 PM »

If anyone is around Friday, I might sneak out of work early and come fly if I can. 

I'm getting in tomorrow early afternoon, and I plan to spend all of Friday on the beach.  See you there!
justinpwheeler

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2014, 01:22 PM »

Looking at the forecast I will likely come out Friday.  Out behind the Thunderbird right?  It's been maybe 18 months since I've flown.  Gotta shake the rust out.
John Lutter

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2014, 08:32 AM »

It was great to finally meet everyone at TI this weekend... Finally can put faces to names now! Thanks everyone for coming out!

If you are on Facebook, make sure you shoot me a friend request (if we aren't friends yet), and also take a look at the photos I posted on the AKA Region 4 Facebook : http://ow.ly/sLfRH
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 08:41 AM by roobarb » Logged

John Lutter
Chief Kite Pusher @ Kite Stop (http://www.kitestop.com)
President @ American Kitefliers Association (http://kite.org)
Jorge Gouverneur

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2014, 07:33 PM »

Had a great time at T.I.  Smiley Have to go there more often.  Smiley

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography