GWTW Forum
October 31, 2014, 08:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A quick one...  (Read 2574 times)
Ara Ararauna
Trade Count: (0)

« on: November 25, 2013, 06:15 AM »

Quickly:

Sixth Sense STD or Nirvana NTE STD ?
and why please.

Thanks!

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 12:24 PM »

Quickly?

Which one do you think is prettier?

For me, the Sixth Sense.

For you.....?   Smiley

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 01:22 PM »

First of all Thanks a lot Chilese for answering.   Smiley
I was starting to feel awkward by seeing so many views and no replies...  Huh

Second, you got me...
You got me in two ways:
1. I don't know which I think is prettier...   Sad
2. I know my question is as unproductive as all the others being constantly placed in this forum about who prefers this or the other kite. But, guys, you know we need your feedback, even if it is only to make one's already subconsciously taken decision to emerge or to help one get convinced about a specific option even if it is the same as the other.

So at least I'd like to know who thinks the Sixth Sense is a kite for tricks, for which type of tricks, and how does it compare to the NTE...

Thanks.

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
harveystubbs
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 03:17 PM »

I think either would be fine and different to what you have in your bag. However, if the sixth sense is like invictus then both need to be tuned properly. My NSE needed some serious tuning and now flies very well. I would also buy the skyshark version over the 6mm leading edge version. Cool
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 03:22 PM »

I think either would be fine and different to what you have in your bag. However, if the sixth sense is like invictus then both need to be tuned properly. My NSE needed some serious tuning and now flies very well. I would also buy the skyshark version over the 6mm leading edge version. Cool

Thanks! I especially like and appreciate the comment saying they are both different from what I have in my bag. I would like to do one step up from my Soul STD, but even if the new kite is not really a step up, at least I think it is interesting that it is different.

Thanks!

In my bag...
photogbill
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 03:28 PM »

Let me preface by saying, I'm by no means an expert flyer .....but I have flown & owned a number of R-Sky kites (even the more recent 15) and the ONLY one I really enjoyed ....and still enjoy flying is my Manga which is virtually an NFX Extend with Icone rods! I'm not sure if I've ever flown an NTE (are you sure NTE is the designation for the model?).

However, I personally would prefer/recommend the SS. Although I haven't flown my full sized SS or my SS 85% nearly as much as I've flown my Manga! Both SS's have gained a soft spot in my heart and may well, some day ... replace my Manga as my favorite go-to kite!

I hope that helps!  Grin
KaoS
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 03:42 PM »

Not sure what you mean by NTE (Third edition?)

If you mean NSE (Second edition), it is a fine, fine kite!  Very nice at tricks, but also good at carving out decent precision.  Its smaller sibling, the NSE fifteen is a real blast, especially when the wind is a bit strong for your full sized kites.  Everyone I know who has flown the NSE has been very impressed.

I'm still waiting for a decent session on my Sixth Sense - the wind has been woeful lately - but initial impressions are that it is a similar style of kite to the Nirvana and NSE.  Competent trickster, good forward flying.

NSE comes in 5 colour schemes, so it's relatively easy to pick your favourite.
Sixth Sense comes in whatever colour scheme you can make up yourself.  It might take you forever to choose.

Kevin Sanders

Willunga, South Australia
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2013, 04:04 PM »

Thanks photogbill & KaoS

All this feedback does help. I'm increasingly convinced of going for a SS.
Moreover I have an offer from a great craftsman that I can barely resist.

I must admit I was being a bit poshy at considering the Nirvana a fully tested and consolidated kite that can be considered high quality and high class...
while I was considering the SS a less professional and formal or classy kite (shame on me  Embarrassed )

But all this feedback is being very very useful.
Thanks!

P.S. Yes NTE is the third edition.

P.P.S. Yes I know I can be forever choosing color scheme for the SS... argh but I will really try hard not to get lost in color limbo

In my bag...
tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2013, 06:22 PM »

I like them both, but still only own an SS, having sold 3 Nirvanas over the years, so I guess that's a vote for the SS.

I will say that I had to tune both before I really liked them.  For the Nirvana, there are references as to what works best, but I couldn't find much tuning info on the SS. 

Mine was ok as-is, but I like it much better after a little tweaking whichever as all experimental.

6 kite tom
Ca Ike

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2013, 12:09 AM »

Well I can't stand the Nirvana and I don't think it likes me much either but I will agree the NSE 15 is a blast when the wind is right for it.  That being said I just built 3 new kites.  Sixth sense, vortex and B'zar 2011.  I'm waiting on parts and bridle line for them but I'll left you know my opinion when I get to fly them.  Remember, no matter what kite you get you will need to do some tuning be it the kite or your flying inputs.  I think the SS may be a bit tamed down in the tricks dept being its more precision oriented but it still seems to be a capable kite.  Can't wait to get mine out for its maiden flight.
Stuart99

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2013, 01:40 PM »

I have never had the pleasure of flying the Nirvana, but I have a Sixth Sense UL and Standard. I'm confident that you wont be disappointed with the Sixth Sense.
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2013, 02:00 PM »

Great! Thanks all.
I think the SS is the winner from my point of view.
Now I have to finish saving and decide colors (got to be careful, got to be careful...  Huh )
Best

In my bag...
photogbill

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2013, 02:42 PM »

Good choice Ara! Like Stuart said, you won't be disappointed! Keep us posted on your color decisions. One of the nice things about the SS is that the great looking color combinations are plentiful!
jaydub

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2013, 03:07 PM »

It's funny because looks is one reason I'd pick the 'vana over the SS.  I think the SS probably offers just as much kite for significantly less money.

R-Sky pricing has always at the premium end without necessarily offering premium build quality.

Ara, I think you are doing the right thing going for a well mannered polyvalent kite.  The slower speed of tricking of the larger kite will allow you to improve your trick timing on tricks you can do, whilst giving you a bit more reaction time wihilst you are learning new tricks.
tpatter

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2013, 03:45 PM »

You can friend Davide (sp?) on facebook - he has lots of pictures of SS builds from around the world posted there for inspiration.

6 kite tom
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change